Steve's Gold Nugget Detector Guide Update

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Fully automated is great, as long as you can override it and have an advanced menu for those that like to adjust beyond the automatic modes.

You don't have to use advanced settings, but it's nice to have them when you need and understand them.  Fully auto is taking it too far and detrimental to performance for many users.

There is nothing stopping manufacturers having the best of both worlds having advanced menu's on an auto detector.

The 5000 combined with the 6000 would dominate the market with a ergonomic light package and water proofing.

Have a automatic setting and a advanced user setting, then everyone would be content.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

And fact is without them we'd be sitting 20 years back as far as the technology goes overall,

Yeah, and there would be a lot more gold in the ground.  😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, phrunt said:

Fully automated is great, as long as you can override it and have an advanced menu for those that like to adjust beyond the automatic modes.

You don't have to use advanced settings, but it's nice to have them when you need and understand them.  Fully auto is taking it too far and detrimental to performance for many users.

There is nothing stopping manufacturers having the best of both worlds having advanced menu's on an auto detector.

Agreed. Imagine the 6000 with a nice submenu, all optional of course....6k and GM user profiles are different, and I think 6k customers would have expected more from their machine than what is offered, despite all the glory.

GC

• Like 3

On 1/17/2024 at 10:34 AM, Gold Catcher said:

Perhaps X-coil tech, but Aussie made/certified?

What the Russkies have done with their coils is absolutely nothing special, just a lotta hours of trial and error, experimentation and common sense. I could start making those coils easily (coz they have done all the initial hard work TBH) with the injection of just $50K to get a production line started. You'd be looking at a wholesale markup of around 300% with no coil being over US$500 each retail. If Minelab started the same thing for the GPZ8, it would be farmed off to the lowest bidder in Malaysia with the resulting poor quality.....as we've seen with the GPX6000 coils.

• Like 3

On 1/18/2024 at 8:46 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

Have those spouses swing an ORX and they might think differently. 

They are really easy to operate too with just enough features to get serious. 

XP detectors have always been just a serious coin/relic machine to us here in Oz, so they're always 'off the radar' when it comes to VLF gold prospecting. If you praise the Orx Jeff, perhaps its worth a serious look. Here in Oz, they are $200 cheaper than even the Nokta Legend!

• Like 3

On 1/15/2024 at 8:44 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I'm an Alaskan living in Nevada. Looks like maybe time to update my old nugget guide........

Sorry Steve for I was hoping that you were from Colorado , my home state.. now living in Dallas Texas and miss home.. but I've got to be where the work is..

On 1/18/2024 at 2:00 PM, Aureous said:

XP detectors have always been just a serious coin/relic machine to us here in Oz, so they're always 'off the radar' when it comes to VLF gold prospecting. If you praise the Orx Jeff, perhaps its worth a serious look. Here in Oz, they are $200 cheaper than even the Nokta Legend!

I know people have heard me complain about the limitations imposed by wireless coils before, but just imagine what an ORX with a 4x6 elliptical identical the the one for the Gold Bug 2 would be like. The Gold Bug 3 that I always wanted, selectable frequency with three main options for both large and small gold - 14, 28 and 74 kHz

gold-bug-orx.jpg

• Like 5

That 6” gb2 concentric looks great on that orx.

😳

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

That 6” gb2 concentric looks great on that orx.

😳

Seriously, I'd buy a machine like that in two seconds. Controller in pocket, the rod and coil would probably come in at under a pound, and be hotter than a pistol on tiny gold. A gold snipers dream for pockets and crevices.

• Like 4