GPX 5000, Deus, AT Pro, Mxt, Eureka Gold, X-terra 705, Best Combo?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J66(Jim) has a second hand mxt in all pro config with coils ,looks the goods , will take it if he responds . Do you boys know anyone selling a GPX 5000 in U.S. Willing to sell here , if so I would jump on that like a crazy man 

5 minutes ago, auminesweeper said:

A lot of the things I say relate to how I see life

Very good analogy. 

Danny,, The MXT has a serious Rep for other machines to live up to, but if you can't get one Don't forget about the Fors Relic, Because they are an Awesome Machine too and both of these machines are about as good as they get for a VLF prospecting unit, Things like the Gold Bug II and the GMT and the Makro Gold Racer should be classed as Mid Frequency machines But we call them VLFs too partly out of laziness by not having to explain what we are talking about and also because we tend to bung all VLF Type machines in the same Pot, When in fact they are quite different, Ok.

john 

Don't forget about the Fors Relic, 

Hey John and Danny.  In my search I also looked at the Fors Relic as it has the 19kzh frequency but if I recall correctly it doesn't have a prospecting mode so may not have the best use on Mineralized ground that the MXT has.  It does however have a beach mode so probably decent as a single freq beach detector and for sure a great relic detector. 

Thanks John , I've got about 30 different detectors running through my mind , to the point i almost forgot my name, then I realised it was Danny because it is on my account . If I don't get a second hand mxt I have an eye on one on eBay and gumtree . A second hand GPX anyone ? 

Danny

1 minute ago, Roughwater said:

Don't forget about the Fors Relic, 

Hey John and Danny.  In my search I also looked at the Fors Relic as it has the 19kzh frequency but if I recall correctly it doesn't have a prospecting mode so may not have the best use on Mineralized ground that the MXT has.  It does however have a beach mode so probably decent as a single freq beach detector and for sure a great relic detector. 

On the Relic it's GEN mode is it's version of the MXTs prospecting mode and they are one of the best VLFs in bad ground, The MXTs Beach mode is covered by all of the MXTs modes by switching the ground tracking to the SALT setting so you end up with all 7 modes being able to be used as a beach mode or all 7 modes being able to be used for General detecting,

hope that helps,, John

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Thanks John , I've got about 30 different detectors running through my mind , to the point i almost forgot my name, then I realised it was Danny because it is on my account . If I don't get a second hand mxt I have an eye on one on eBay and gumtree . A second hand GPX anyone ? 

Danny

Well check out the for sale section on prospecting Australia forum because there was one on there for sale,ok

john

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16455

I didn't know all that John.  I would have have looked at the relic harder during my search but somewhere along the way got steered away from it by the lack of a prospecting mode.  I've heard some say too that the Fors detectors balance a large coil better too due to their weight distribution. 

Thanks John i really appreciate that . 

Danny