Equinox 900 New Release Info

Dan(NM)

32 minutes ago, UtahRich said:

After looking at the Minelab website, it looks like the 700 and 900 are 'ready to go'.  What I mean by that is when Equinox was announced, it took a long time before modes were finalized, beta testing complete, software completed, and the corresponding manuals and spec's finalized and put up on the website and available for download.

Equinox 700 and 900 are already squared away. Modes are completed, manuals written, websites updated, spec's listed. Are we looking at 2 detectors ready to start shipping asap? Did Minelab distract us with the Manticore while pulling these two rabbits out of the hat?  There is typically a corporate discount on legacy items in inventory as new product comes up online.  Clean out the old and make way for the new.  And here I thought this seasonal discount was simply minimizing damage caused by Nokta's Legend and XP's D2 until the Manticore could be made ready to go. I should have recognized this without the hint.

Perhaps the bleeding from the Legend and D2 was worse than realized - Regardless, well done by Minelab. 

I dont think Minelab is bleeding too bad, as a result of the legend.

Minelab is years ahead of the game.

The real question in my opinion, is how bad is Nokta bleeding?

10 hours ago, Melano87 said:

0B1CC2EE-CCB3-4050-B018-C1CB2EBE536E.jpeg

Which one of these detectors will find a penny at 4"?  Which one of these detectors will find a silver dime at 8"?  Which one of these detectors will find a beach slope (once wet from the tide) quarter at 10"?  Which one of these detectors will find an 9g gold wedding band at 9"?

What do you want to find?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoinShooter1 said:

The real question in my opinion, is how bad is Nokta bleeding?

Nokta may 'bleed' very bad next year if the Minelab lawsuit against them bears fruit. I haven't searched the whole gamut of legal-eze on the suit, but if its directly attributable to the SMF patents, then the Legend will vanish along with a lot of their $$.

Argghh .. that user shortcut button is still placed on the most useless place..  they should have been swapping it with the frequency button.. who needs the frequency button next to pinpoint, anyway?!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sinclair said:

Argghh .. that user shortcut button is still placed on the most useless place..  they should have been swapping it with the frequency button.. who needs the frequency button next to pinpoint, anyway?!

I don't think I'd want the on/off button there either. I have enough problem accidentally shutting off the machine already!

On 12/1/2022 at 5:16 PM, phrunt said:

1648155961_Equinox900coils-standard-scale-4_00x-gigapixel.thumb.jpg.2727199e07a6210c6dd7278c09882980.jpg

just looked at my 800's 11" coil. The ears on that are pretty small and thin. These new ones are really substantial and probably less brittle plastic also....hopefully the 700 and 900 mark the end of pod flooding and broken coil ears....

Here is another picture of the new ears

990176741_Nox90011coilears.thumb.png.d0260da4486e5b42c50a07f63e92aad1.png

Something absolutely hilarious is one of the NZ dealers has the 11" Nox coil on their website for sale, and in their display photo it has a coil ear stiffener on it ?  I don't know if they know or where they got that picture from!  Funny....

57050835_Equinox11.thumb.jpg.9cfdbf88f9f8bc5f9c495be54412cdf0.jpg

• Oh my! 1

48 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Here is another picture of the new ears

990176741_Nox90011coilears.thumb.png.d0260da4486e5b42c50a07f63e92aad1.png

Something absolutely hilarious is one of the NZ dealers has the 11" Nox coil on their website for sale, and in their display photo it has a coil ear stiffener on it ?  I don't know if they know or where they got that picture from!  Funny....

57050835_Equinox11.thumb.jpg.9cfdbf88f9f8bc5f9c495be54412cdf0.jpg

Wow, phrunt!  You are exactly right.  That is, well, "odd..."

Steve