Paul, I have a lot of research I did on that area but never made it there yet for prospecting. I have travelled through that country and it is beautiful.  I will trade research for donuts.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep.... you woudn't come over here so I had to hunt you down!!! ...........lolol

I'll be there next Tuesday and I will live right there in an apt..... I have every weekend off as it stands now---working 8-4 or 5...

Looking forward to getting at look at that gold country~~~

BTW, I already had one friend "help me out"--his idea was to let me learn how to dig all the trash out of the patch for "experioence" , and then he cleaned it out!!!!! HAhahahahaha.... part of the initiation rite!!! 

Right Lucky!!!! hahahaha

Well I hope your move goes well, if you need help moving I volunteer scott. for I am on knee leave. lol. When you get ready, ill help you find some places. there is many many claims around there, but there is still alot of good public unclaimed places. I hope you like mountain climbing.  Lol . We will have to get together and have a meet and greet sometime. then my wife and I can drink all the beer you buy. I will be headed over that way around the beginning of july on my way to the coast. walking in sand should be good for my knee. I hope your new job works out for you. I hope the rez people like you because they still havent found the last 2 guys they hired. lol

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 9:43 PM, goldbrick said:
22 minutes ago, californiagold said:

Well I hope your move goes well, if you need help moving I volunteer scott. for I am on knee leave. lol. When you get ready, ill help you find some places. there is many many claims around there, but there is still alot of good public unclaimed places. I hope you like mountain climbing.  Lol . We will have to get together and have a meet and greet sometime. then my wife and I can drink all the beer you buy. I will be headed over that way around the beginning of july on my way to the coast. walking in sand should be good for my knee. I hope your new job works out for you. I hope the rez people like you because they still havent found the last 2 guys they hired. lol

Paul, I have a lot of research I did on that area but never made it there yet for prospecting. I have travelled through that country and it is beautiful.  I 

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 9:43 PM, goldbrick said:

Paul, I have a lot of research I did on that area but never made it there yet for prospecting. I have travelled through that country and it is beautiful.  I will trade research for donuts.

Roger that! Sounds like a deal to me.

22 minutes ago, californiagold said:

Roger that

Fred, according to local legend ..this is where the BigFoot sightings were first reported.

My source said that they lived up in the edge of the mountains, but the local people made fun of them and tricked them...and were otherwise just plain mean to them....

So the bigfeets all walked up to a gap in the mountains and pulled the mountains in around them so they could be alone from the Indians...

And that's....the rest of the story!

I believe the name around there for the bigfoots is the Omah. One of your days off , you should take a drive from there up on bald hills road all the way over to Orick to lady bird johnson park. it is a really scenic drive. youll probably see some Roosevelt elk and maybe some blurry hairy shadows running through the woods. Good luck. 

I have not been over Bald Hills Road since the '80s but I do remember it was a great drive.