Button Bonanza 2, With Some Coins

2 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Always enjoy reading your hunts as it feels as if I was watching in person.

Great finds once again with your new D2, but give the old NOX a day out there also.

Good luck on your next outing.

Thanks! 🙂

Believe me I want to use the Equinox, and may have had I known I wouldn't need heated gloves. They overwhelm that detector with massive pulsing EMI.

That and I'm enjoying this new light huge coil, as well as working on validating a program I put together that may be a pretty good relic program worth posting here. A couple more hunts should do it. It's not getting warmer! 😀 Long range forecast is for snow. It will make my wife happy but me not so much.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, George Kinsey said:

Did you wake up to sleet and snow this lovely morning?😂

Here it's all heavy rain. We're 1/2 a climate zone higher than most of the rest of VA, I think 7.5. that, water surrounding is on 3 sides and low elevations keep us out of it for the most part. We'll get some but usually the ground never freezes here. That's a good thing when your driveway ìs a half-mile. 🤣 Not shoveling that!

• Haha 1

Out of likes already.... seems I'm liking everything these days including your field of dreams finds...I just cant believe there is no silver there? Are you sure George has not snuck in there 20 years ago? he seems to be toying with you a bit 🤣

strick 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, strick said:

Out of likes already.... seems I'm liking everything these days including your field of dreams finds...I just cant believe there is no silver there? Are you sure George has not snuck in there 20 years ago? he seems to be toying with you a bit 🤣

strick 

Yeah I'm out of likes too. 🤣 Guess the daily limit is reduced.

Could be, one place was detected but this one probably hasn't been, the owner lives there and has a business across the street. He's very picky about who he associates with, wouldn't have got this permission if we didn't know him and have him plan and cater our wedding. People still talk about the wedding. 😀 While hunting the place I saw the owner a few times, even Sneaky ol' George wouldn't get past him, believe me. He's a nice, generous person, but hell hath no fury like he'd bring on ya.

Got a Barber quarter, 2 silver Washingtons, a silver Roosevelt, and a Trime here so far. I'm sure George woulda found them if he was there. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JCR said:

You dug some nice relics & the trash is not too bad at all,  It's good the soil conditions allow you to run Reactivity @0. I will suggest being mindful of needing to sweep un naturally slow to get the added depth and more importantly to not miss targets that aren't really all that deep but won't respond @ 0 if you use your normal sweep speed but would at a higher Reactivity. It is a difficult balance to learn for me.

Thanks!

I probably don't swing as fast with the 13" as I would the 9", I'm using full tones and no disc so even if there's a peep I investigate it. It's a lot of coil.

It doesn't miss big iron and beer can bits at up to 15"+ believe me. Some of those tiny buttons were 4-8" deep and mixed with junk targets. If there's enough high tone on all angles I'll dig it.

I'll try going back over this area with the 9" and faster reactivity, say 2. 👍 It would be interesting. 🙂

• Like 3

Nice job!  Wow that is a lot of buttons, maybe a G.W. button is out there eh 🤔

That trigger looking thing looks more like an early car or tractor part to me.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Nice job!  Wow that is a lot of buttons, maybe a G.W. button is out there eh 🤔

That trigger looking thing looks more like an early car or tractor part to me.

I was hoping one of them would be. This place has stuff from the beginning here right up to about the 1900s, wide range.  The old highway ran through what is now the back of the house, but used to be the front. They moved it in the 1940s according to topos, and serials still sort of show it. Lidar works best. There are a few hot spots, about 6 or 7, but mostly nothing. 

Found that piece up by the house, lots of weird stuff there. Farm surrounds it.

• Like 2

I guess he gave you a nice wedding and a wedding gift that keeps on giving too !

I thought that trigger thing looked like part of a tractor or accessory, some sort of hand operated engagement device? 

Your storm is knockin' on my door tonight through Saturday. You're cool though. I have a friend in Smithfield that already told me he was sending it uptah camp for me this morning ! 🙄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rvpopeye said:

I guess he gave you a nice wedding and a wedding gift that keeps on giving too !

I thought that trigger thing looked like part of a tractor or accessory, some sort of hand operated engagement device? 

Your storm is knockin' on my door tonight through Saturday. You're cool though. I have a friend in Smithfield that already told me he was sending it uptah camp for me this morning ! 🙄

Outta likes but thanks! Yeah we got about 2" of rain, so back to square 1 with the mud. 😡

Looks like you're going to get some snow up there. Next weekend for us. 😵 More mud. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 8:29 PM, PI-Man said:

Still not going to tell you temp down here.

That's OK Gary! He's always telling me about (our weather) almost daily, so he is well aware! On top of the fact that, I tell him too!! He's my "BOB" weather app!! Also him, and others are always welcome to come here and share (our) beach "permissions"!!🤣👍👍

• Haha 1