Deus 2 Lite, Nox 800/900, Legend What Do They Really Weigh

My ML Manticore (stock, with 11" coil, only one available so far) comes in at 1.31 kg or 2.89 lb = 2 lb 14 oz.  There might be a bit of dirt in that measurement.  😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

My ML Manticore (stock, with 11" coil, only one available so far) comes in at 1.31 kg or 2.89 lb = 2 lb 14 oz.  There might be a bit of dirt in that measurement.  😉

Added to the list below.

• Like 1

Just a quick post about some weights for recently released detectors for those that want or need to pay attention to swing weight.

I weighed most of these on the same scale. Some weights have been submitted by others. Your scale may give different results but the difference between different detectors should be close. All weights include coil covers.

Deus 2 with 9" FMF coil, WS6 mounted on the stock shaft with the XP Neoprene shaft mount = 33.2 ounces 

Deus 2 with 9" FMF coil and full remote mounted on the stock shaft = 35.4 ounces

Nox 900 with stock 6" coil and stock lower shaft = 37 ounces

Nox 800 with stock 6" coil and Detector Innovations Tele-Knox shaft system 37.7 ounces

Deus 2 with stock shaft, remote and 11" coil is 39.97 ounces 

Nox 900 with Coiltek 10X5" coin on stock shaft is 40.9 ounces.

Nox 900 with Coiltek 10X5" coil on the Detector Innovations 18mm Tele-Knox lower shaft which fits the Nox 900 shaft = 41.6 ounces

Deus 2 with stock shaft, remote and 13X11" coil is 43.49 ounces

Deus 2 with Steve Goss shaft, remote and 13X11" coil is 43.8 ounces 

Nox 900 with stock 11" coil and stock lower shaft = 44.1 ounces

Legend with stock 6" coil = 45.5 ounces

Legend with 10X5" LG24 coil is 46.1 ounces

Manticore with stock shaft and 11” coil is 46.24 ounces

Nox 800 with stock 11" coil and Steve Goss one piece carbon fiber upper shaft (no counter weight) = 46.5 ounces

Nox 800 with stock 11" coil and stock shafts = 47.4 ounces

Legend with stock 11" coil = 52.6 ounces 

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
On 4/22/2023 at 9:58 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

Nov. 6, 2023:  Added updated Legend weights with the LG30 coil, carbon fiber upper shaft and new arm cuff using the LG30, LG28, LG24 and LG15 coils.

Just a quick post about some weights for recently released detectors for those that want or need to pay attention to swing weight.

I weighed most of these on the same scale. Some weights have been submitted by others. Your scale may give different results but the difference between different detectors should be close. All weights include coil covers.

Deus 2 with 9" FMF coil, WS6 mounted on the stock shaft with the XP Neoprene shaft mount = 33.2 ounces 

Deus 2 with 9" FMF coil and full remote mounted on the stock shaft = 35.4 ounces

Nox 900 with stock 6" coil and stock lower shaft = 37 ounces

Nox 800 with stock 6" coil and Detector Innovations Tele-Knox shaft system 37.7 ounces

Deus 2 with stock shaft, remote and 11" coil is 39.97 ounces 

Nox 900 with Coiltek 10X5" coin on stock shaft is 40.9 ounces.

Nox 900 with Coiltek 10X5" coil on the Detector Innovations 18mm Tele-Knox lower shaft which fits the Nox 900 shaft = 41.6 ounces

Legend with new CF upper shaft, new arm cuff, LG15 coil=42.9 ounces

Deus 2 with stock shaft, remote and 13X11" coil is 43.49 ounces

Legend with new CF upper shaft, new arm cuff, LG24 coil=43.5 ounces

Deus 2 with Steve Goss shaft, remote and 13X11" coil is 43.8 ounces 

Nox 900 with stock 11" coil and stock lower shaft = 44.1 ounces

Legend with stock 6" coil = 45.5 ounces

Legend with 10X5" LG24 coil is 46.1 ounces

Manticore with stock shaft and 11” coil is 46.24 ounces

Nox 800 with stock 11" coil and Steve Goss one piece carbon fiber upper shaft (no counter weight) = 46.5 ounces

Nox 800 with stock 11" coil and stock shafts = 47.4 ounces

Legend with new CF upper shaft, new arm cuff, LG 30 coil=48.3 ounces

Legend with new CF upper shaft, new arm cuff, LG 28 coil=49.8 ounces

Legend original version but with new LG 30 coil = 51.2 ounces

Legend with stock 11" coil = 52.6 ounces 

For me, Deus 2 with the stock shaft system and the 9" coil feels very balanced and lightweight. The same setup with the 11" or 13X11" coil is still lightweight but it is not well balanced.

The Equinox 600/800 with stock shaft system, big hand grip that is too vertical and 11" coil was very unbalanced for me.

The Equinox 700/900 with stock shaft system, updated hand grip size and angle and 11" coil felt very balanced and nice to swing.

The Manticore with everything stock feels lightweight, balanced and very nice to swing.

The original Legend with 11" coil felt heavy but balanced.

The new updated Legend shaft system, updated arm cuff and LG30 coil feels much lighter than the original and nicely balanced, very similar to the Nox 700/900/Manticore at least to me.

• Like 2

Jeff,i am finding the Nox 600/800 shaft setup a real issue with my right wrist after a bike accident years ago,although they are great detectors the large hand grip and angle of the grip is not the best.....currently i have a UK after market light weight shaft which is much lighter and does help and also currently using the lighter Coiltek 10x5 coil which also reduces weight as well and even a harness.

Went out for almost all day detector session but with the T2 but the Nox is the main machine that i am concentrating on though,currently looking at mounting my Nox control box on a spare Golden Mask shaft that Steve has used and will see how that works out over the next few weeks.Making slight headway in the reduction of weight and making the rig more enjoyable to swing for a full days session.

• Like 1