My Relic Hunting Buddy Passed Away

Sammy boy. My Heart is broken. He was with me for 16 years. A great run.

295.JPG

Sorry to read this George, it's tough to lose a buddy, and especially a detecting buddy. My Maltese is also named Sammy (for Sammy Hagar), he doesn't go detecting with me but he is always happy to see me when I get back from a hunt and always "inspects" my gear to ensure it is clean. 😀

I have experienced this same loss not too long ago with an 8 year old Maltese. My condolences to you.

The one great comfort is the memory of all the wonderful time you spent with a faithful companion. A long run indeed.

RIP Sammy. 

That’s a tough one George. My little guy is almost 11 now...since the kids are gone he’s like our child.

God speed Sammy boy.

strick

I'm so sorry to hear that. Pets are part of the family and hard to loose. I hope you get another good dog.

So sorry to hear this. 

My little buddy is fading fast, has a mass on his liver. only 8 years old. He is a yorkie Maltese mix, mostly yorkie, and is a very good boy. 

I never felt such grief about losing a pet before. I will be devastated. 

I don't take him detecting but every time I come back he smells the dirt to see where I have been digging. 

I'm really sorry, George. Only a dog person can understand how tough it is to lose a long-term companion.  I'll have you and Sammy in my thoughts.

Jim