X-Terra Pro First Hunt 31-03-23

Nuke em

Today i took my new X.Terra Pro out for a hunt. I used the Nox 800 coil on it to see what that would be like and see if there is any major difference between the 800 and the new Terra.

There is some really rough weather at the moment and it was a bit hit and miss whether i would find anything. But there was 1 good spot. 

I set my machine up in Beach 2 , Recovery 3 and Sensitivity 24 ! , did a noise cancel and got going. 

Almost immediately i found a few coins, some on the surface by sight and others buried. The Terra seems to be like the Nox though i'm not sure of depth on the salt beach. That might be because the machine is single freq and the Nox is multi freq?

After a few more coins i turned my back on the sea and paid for it. My lower half got the wash of a lifetime by a wave LOL and as i was wet that was it. I strayed into the water with the Terra and it seemed stable with only small light low toned chirps here and there. I'm sure that if i found a target i would have heard it and did find a pulltab in the water. I also found a non ferrous 1p coin right next to a 3 inch square piece of Iron scrap so the recovery speed seems good at 3 setting. That setting might be the reason for me thinking depth is not as good as the Nox?

I kept up the hunt and found a lot more coins and found a junk ring encrusted in small shingle stones. and a junk toe ring and a junk Pendent. 

I think the new Terra is a good machine . Very good a backup to anyone who uses the Nox and even worth having as a cheap alternative to the much more expensive machines. 

Being able to use all the Nox coils and use the Nox 900 phones and with an adaptor use the phones from the Nox 800 and the August 650B phones it makes the Terra Pro a damned good bargain. 

I have always thought of the Nox's as the successor to the old Terra's but it looks like the new Pro is the real successor. About time too.

Tomorrow i might go out with the Nox 800 , not sure yet or might with the Terra with its own coil on.

This machine is going to eat into other machines sales. Or it should!

14) £25.40p FOUND 31-03-23  XT.P.JPG

Thanks for the report, it truly sounds like the X-Terra Pro is a real bargain detector.

The entry level detectors now are giving some of the high end older models a real workout. 

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Thanks for the report, it truly sounds like the X-Terra Pro is a real bargain detector.

The entry level detectors now are giving some of the high end older models a real workout. 

I think the Simplex and the Garretts are going to have a bit of serious competition here.

1 hour ago, ECris said:

Congrats and nice work Good to hear that it is fairly stable in salt water. Thanks. 

Back again in the morning so will make sure of a few things.

Jeeeez thats a lot of coins there almost paid for it!

Tarscacci is single frequency and it is deep

RR

15 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Are there any situations where it would be beneficial to use the 8 kHz beach setting for searching on land?

Pylons and mineralised soil. Maybe.

I went back to the same spot yesterday but the beaches have changed a bit. In the exact same spot i found many coins by sight only. Mostly 1 , 2 , 5 , 10p coins. There were a number of buried coins but i didn't find many. 

A mate found a Palladium ring and a few Pounds worth too with his Nox 900. I used the Terra again. I am certain if i went over any of his targets i would have found them. Nothing was deep though. 

No picture this time. My laptop is a bit slow at downloading at the moment.

Next hunt will be with my Nox 800. Don't know for sure when though. Will be out on Friday, thats a longer tide.

Oh and on this last trip i found £6.73p in mostly lower denomination coins.

• The title was changed to X-Terra Pro First Hunt 31-03-23