Week Long Hunt Day 5

F350Platinum

Today I only got out for about 3 hours, this post isn't really about the hunt more than testing stuff.

This morning I went to an area I have pounded the heck out of, I've probably grid searched it a few times over the last couple years.

Here is an older photo, the house and lodge behind it are gone now. I used it to position myself via GPS exactly where it was. Screenshot_20230609_195537_Regrid.thumb.jpg.6f8e7c280944778f9bd647398d633f14.jpg

This is one of those places where there is so much junk in the ground you really couldn't hunt it without a more sophisticated machine, particularly one that has a fast processor and separation capability. You can notch and discriminate to a point, but there are copper tubing and parts, steel, aluminum, and nails forever. I think the house demolition was very messy.

Another change I made to the General program is to turn off Full Tones Offset. I do this because I like the way the machine sounds when going over various materials, general defaults to 5 which pushes tones up. It seems more natural. This is where I may be getting my "Iron is iron" statement.

I searched this area and managed to pull a couple more coins out, the rest came from a nearby canal shore.20230609_192034.thumb.jpg.826c740556dda46d8258b109ee6736ec.jpg

I dug more memorials than Zincolns today, the oldest was 1960. They were all about 4-8" deep, many out of pinpointer range. A couple were mixed in with the metal stuff I ended up with for trash:20230609_191910.thumb.jpg.54b18412daa692b160fd53083f689f00.jpg

After a while of having my brain pounded by a ton of tones, I set a notch from 0 to 40 just to hear the better stuff. No pull tabs, can slaw, or iron.

I hunted this spot using both the D2 with the 13" and my WS6 Master with the 9" coil, it was slightly easier to pull stuff with the 9" than the 13", some of the targets, particularly the trash, were sometimes off center with the 13". That is to be expected with a larger coil. With the 9" you don't have to dig as wide a hole. 😀

If you don't let a tough site scare you off you will end up a better hunter.

That's great that you can still find coins in that pounded trash site and a testament to your skill and the D2, well done!

That's interesting that you turned the FT Offset off. I haven't tried that yet and need to give that a go, but I tried General in Full Tones during a rain storm today and was quite impressed with it again. I'm beginning to see why so many like it.

14 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

That's interesting that you turned the FT Offset off. I haven't tried that yet and need to give that a go, but I tried General in Full Tones during a rain storm today and was quite impressed with it again. I'm beginning to see why so many like it.

Thanks Cap'n,

It's working great for me 🙂. Don't want to hear iron? Notch to 40. Been doing that too. It's not affecting depth or anything, I'm hitting coins fairly deep. 😀 It rained here last night so that will help.

16 hours ago, Lodge Scent said:

Yep F350, my cure for the pounded brain syndrome is often ample amounts of notch ! 😄

PBS is real and the only cure is Notch, but more research is needed, so please make your donations to PBS research today and help us end this crippling plague once and for all!