Something New Coming For XP Deus II

☠ Cipher

I have to think the 10x5 elliptical FMF will be our Christmas present this year from XP.

And as much as I thought I would never need a 2-box unit, I have to say I'm intrigued. I really want to know how that all works, and with that and the forthcoming small FMF coil, no target could ever hide from the D2!  😏

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wireless two-box... hmmm I will prefer PI in that place or IB. EMI proof when you compare to SMF. In some places SMF and VLF struggle with interferences and IB or PI is silent... so...  

7 hours ago, Shelton said:

Wireless two-box... hmmm I will prefer PI in that place or IB. EMI proof when you compare to SMF. In some places SMF and VLF struggle with interferences and IB or PI is silent... so...  

I agree, if XP could meet @Steve Herschbach's challenge of a PI detector that weighs under 2 pounds and cost under $2000, that would be a another game changer for sure. But I still want to see what else is coming for the Deus 2 ecosystem first.

26 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I agree, if XP could meet @Steve Herschbach's challenge of a PI detector that weighs under 2 pounds and cost under $2000, that would be a another game changer for sure. But I still want to see what else is coming for the Deus 2 ecosystem first.

I apologize in advance for my Debbie Downer Reality Check @CPT_GhostLight... but considering this two box coil will cost over $1600 on its own, doubt XP will be pursuing a PI design any time soon (considering they even abandoned that approach for their pinpointer) much less be the ones who will break the PI price barrier.  To me it looks like they are married to solely iterating on the Deus-based wireless IB ecosystem from here on out.  The other telling and disappointing sign is that XP never even publicly acknowledges (much less responds to) the numerous requests for a small elliptical from their user base.  Look at how many people are requesting it in the comments section of the 2-box reveal video and how XP only responds to those who are praising the new deep seeker coil.  Really can't afford my own personal back-hoe at the moment so I will be passing on this.  Getting the Go Terrain App finally working after 7 years would be a major accomplishment.

33 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I apologize in advance for my Debbie Downer Reality Check @CPT_GhostLight... but considering this two box coil will cost over $1600 on its own, doubt XP will be pursuing a PI design any time soon (considering they even abandoned that approach for their pinpointer) much less be the ones who will break the PI price barrier.  To me it looks like they are married to solely iterating on the Deus-based wireless IB ecosystem from here on out.  The other telling and disappointing sign is that XP never even publicly acknowledges (much less responds to) the numerous requests for a small elliptical from their user base.  Look at how many people are requesting it in the comments section of the 2-box reveal video and how XP only responds to those who are praising the new deep seeker coil.  Really can't afford my own personal back-hoe at the moment so I will be passing on this.  Getting the Go Terrain App finally working after 7 years would be a major accomplishment.

Sadly it appears that our only hope is that they blindside us with shock and awe with the release of the small coils just as they surprised us all with the release of the D2.

file_28.thumb.jpg.2a453001affb0a3abd1651bdabd6c89b.jpg

Hmm... Only $8000... 🤔

1 minute ago, F350Platinum said:

file_28.thumb.jpg.2a453001affb0a3abd1651bdabd6c89b.jpg

Hmm... Only $8000... 🤔

Ten years ago I could still dig a hole like one of those with a number two round point shovel.My how quickly things change when we pass the seventy mark.

If they do release a small elliptical would that not end of life the Deus 1? I guess not unless the Deus 2 improves its small gold capability which the small elliptical would help but not resolve I would guess seeing it's under performing against other detectors at the moment with similar or even larger coils hooked up.

They need the Deus 1 in their range anyway as you can't only sell a very high priced detector, you need something for the normal user to buy, the ORX isn't right for that, the Deus 1 covers it to a limited degree but it needs something over the Deus 2 and that small coil is it.

It's funny how the world works, it always comes down to coils or lack thereof that end up causing the uproar after detectors are released and with the Deus 2 being even more restricted than the chipped competitors the situation in a way is worse as at least they can get some aftermarket.

This seems exciting for large gold areas!!! 😃

Would this be good machine for gold nuggets? Say one ounce and up?

How deep it would locate a one ouncer?

Would it be more efficient (for large nuggets) than a GPZ with standard coils (on medium mineralized soil)?

Well I imagine I will get joked on, but I love myDeus ll along with the three coils I own. They cover all the ground I need. Now for the two box, it also is intriguing as living on the east coast of Virginia, there is no shortage of treasure tales from pirates, civil war buried artifacts stolen from southern mansions, buried civil war payrolls and post hole banks galore!!! I for one am excited.