Garrett & Minelab Customer Service

2 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Ugh! What a disappointment it must have been to open up a bag and see that!  My last shipment from UPS was an empty box! Idiot delivered it with a big hole in the side.

Good job on the repair- if it does not seem to work- maybe splint it with some metal or curved wood strips under another layer of fiberglass.

Very generous on your offer to let someone try it out!

For a second I was a tiny bit bummed till I realized I probably could fix it myself, then it became kind of fun. It feels plenty strong with 2 layers of glass and epoxy, I could sand it more so you couldn’t tell it was repaired but figured it’d be stronger if I kept as much of the glass intact as I could. I haven’t decided if I even want to bother Garrett yet because it feels a little unappreciative of all they did for me and I don’t think the repair will fail.

before and after

IMG_1711.thumb.png.f56a379e24d9800f7b21b7e82f1602f9.pngIMG_1710.thumb.jpeg.b939c9df66bdd4949947a33b7a6bc7ef.jpeg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 1515Art said:

I haven’t decided if I even want to bother Garrett yet because it feels a little unappreciative of all they did for me and I don’t think the repair will fail.

Great repair, but never hurts to have a spare just in case you experience a non-repairable failure in the future plus the repair part is likely inexpensive (and easy to ship) and by documenting the shipping issue removes any question in the future if you need to invoke the warranty again that the problem was caused by whatever broke your armrest.   Wasn’t your fault it was damaged in shipment. 

• Like 3

Garrett probably payed to insure the package, and probably would be more than happy to send you a replacement cuff.  I would also send them a letter with your images asking if they would mind sending you a spare in case your nicely repaired one wears out.

• Like 2

Yea, good point I’ll give them a call and at the same time let them know it’s not urgent just in case UPS did more than I thought.

for anyone facing similar repairs it was an easy fix that would work on coil ears or anything else the arm cuff feels strong as new and joining those small pieces is next to impossible with just gluing the joint, if anyone needs detailed instructions just PM me and I’ll give the step by step.

I just fired it up with the 11” DD coil for the first time since getting it back to make sure it is working after a couple days in the hands of UPS, and it’s working great. At the lowest setting inside my home and that setting may have some special programming similar to the silent threshold on the 6000 except a threshold tone steady as a rock  this was a steady tone with absolutely zero warble that is surprisingly sensitive waving various test nuggets in front of the coil, even nuggets as small as .03g gave a solid hit a couple inches away, moving up a notch in sensitivity introduced a little EMI but not bad considering no detector I’ve ever owned previously did anything but go nuts at any power level indoors, so this is looking really good I’m looking forward to seeing it in action out in the field. Anyway as I learn more I’ll try and be more specific hopefully with results on un dug targets of the yellow variety.

• Like 1

A quick update on an earlier comment on the 6000, Minelab reached out to me apparently they did not get the email? Anyway, things happen but I need to amend my earlier comment they do as well care and are quick to respond to customer needs and also provide excellent customer support, my apologies the comment was undeserving.

• Like 1

That's great to hear, I've always found Minelab customer service good but I've obviously never used the US repair agent. 

With spam filters these days which are pretty necessary on publicly broadcasted email addresses it's pretty easy for an email to disappear into space.    Excellent they contacted you and sorted you out, never heard of someone to get the fix done and not be happy with the results, it's the primary reason I've stuck with my 6000 and not swinging an Axiom right now, seeing I've invested so much into the 6000 I've just stuck with it after the fix, and really like it now.  

Let us know how you go with Garrett and the arm cuff, I doubt you'll be disappointed in their response.

5 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Great repair, but never hurts to have a spare just in case you experience a non-repairable failure in the future plus the repair part is likely inexpensive (and easy to ship) and by documenting the shipping issue removes any question in the future if you need to invoke the warranty again that the problem was caused by whatever broke your armrest.   Wasn’t your fault it was damaged in shipment. 

4 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Garrett probably payed to insure the package, and probably would be more than happy to send you a replacement cuff.  I would also send them a letter with your images asking if they would mind sending you a spare in case your nicely repaired one wears out.

Ok, I sent Garrett an email thanking them for the great service, my invoice was no charge but asked to confirm there was no charge just to be sure and lastly and FIY about the shipping telling them it was not urgent, they won’t get my email and pictures until Monday  but they have it just in case.

Minelab also got back to me again … I’m going to need a whole new thread, lol… Ok they are great too, life is good we live in wonderful times.

• Like 4

I just got my Axiom back from Garrett. I will be testing it in a few days when I get home. It was not detecting my gold test piece and on a bullet

it would only detect on the back of coil. There was no paper work at all to tell me what they did. I didn't like that.

• The title was changed to Garrett & Minelab Customer Service

I am also impressed with Garrett's warranty repair. I had to send my back because the 11" Mono coil had evidently shorted out. I spoke to the repair center and ended up sending my entire Axiom package back and asked that they ensure that everything was okay. I am really glad that I did. They replaced the control panel and all three coils,  I had bought an 11" DD, in addition to the 13" DD and 11" Mono. They had it fixed and back to me within 5 business days! The icing on the cake was when they informed me that Garrett had increased the Axiom warranty from two years to three years. I am super happy that they strongly stand behind their product.

My only quibble was that I wish that I had received a copy of the work performed order . On my first trip out after receiving my Axiom back, I found a nice gold teardrop nugget. My quibble was consumed by the results. Great warranty, great machine.

• Like 2