Post Approval

mcjtom

I just posted a new topic and it seems that it needs to be approved before being visible to others or if I want to edit it.  I haven't seen it before.  Is that a new rule?  Cheers!

I had that problem, too.  Also, for the past week I don't see the link icon to be able to link an internet address to an article.  That happened once before so likely a glitch occurred during a recent software update.

I think I saw a post from Steve that he's away from home.  Presumably he'll take care of problems when he gets back.

@Chase Goldman might know more so maybe he'll comfort us with an expert explantion....

I apologize guys. I’ve been experimenting with a new add on for the forum which is supposed to block new members from posting links. To stop the spammers. But it’s glitched and although the vendor has been responsive, still glitched it seems. I’m going to try one more thing before giving up and disabling it. Bummer though. New member links are spam 98% of the time and this would stop it dead.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Oh, I sent you a PM as it just happened to me.  I didn't see this thread.

On 7/10/2023 at 8:39 AM, Chase Goldman said:

BTW - Both Steve and I get an auto notification if a post needs approval so there is no need to tag or message us in addition to that notification.  If we are online we will see it and act on it ASAP.

You guys have been very quick with approvals- thanks!

I disabled the filter, never could get it working right. It would let some new members post a spam link, and blocked random links by established members. I might try again with help from the vendor someday, but for I and you all can give it a rest. Back to nuking spammers manually. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1