Quest Selling Headphones For Equinox?

Seems an odd move supporting the completion, but I suppose they see it more as making money off the competition. :smile:

https://www.questmetaldetectors.com/product-page/aptx-low-latency-bluetooth-wireless-headphones-for-minelab-equinox

aptX Low Latency Bluetooth Wireless Headphones for Minelab Equinox

• The customized, professional grade high sensitive speaker drivers deliver all the details of the signal from the detector.  The high responsive performance helps you find more with no compromise.
  • Qualcomm atpX Low Latency technology(HE model) or Texas Instruments 2.4G signal connect to your detector through digital technology.  It offers non-distortion pure audio signal with a minimum delay. You will hear and find the true location. 
  • WIREFREE HE is protected by waterproof rubber O-rings so you can detect on a rainy day with no worry. All parts are made in high-quality material and can be replaced separately.

In the box

• HE/HG headphones 1X
  • micro USB recharge cable 1X
  • Audio cable 3.5 male to 3.5 male 1X
  • Storage carry bag 1X
  • Warranty card 1X
  • Users manual 1X

Specifications

• Technology.............Bluetooth aptX LL (HE) 2.4G wireless (HG)
  • Transducer type............................Dynamic 
  • Operating principle ........................Closed 
  • Frequency response.............20–20,000 Hz 
  • Nominal impedance........…....…......32Ω 
  • Sound pressure level .....................111 dB
  • Power handling capacity .............100 mW
  • Max. sound pressure level ........... 131 dB
  • Sound coupling to the ear .....Supra-aural 
  • Headband pressure ……………….3.0 N
  • Paring type....................Manually /digital 
  • Weight.............................................320 g
  • Charging......................................USB 2.0
  • Power............................................3.7 VDC
  • Current............................................30 mA
  • Battery ..........................1000mAh Li-Poly
  • Transmitting power.........................5 dbm
  • Battery Life..................................24 Hours

970550_76c36564759f43e684094f5c3f9499c8~

If they work with the Equinox 600/800 they will also work with the Vanquish 540, GPX 6000, and Nokta Legend. 

I have been using the same type of Quest headphones that work with the Deus 1, ORX, Deus 2 audio pucks along with a standalone pair that have their own 2.4 gHz transmitter for years. Sound quality and durability have been excellent with no problems.

Yep.  I too had a pair of Quests compatible with the XP pucks for years and picked up a pair of these Quest BT APTX-LL for Equinox not long after getting the Equinox 4 or 5 years ago.  At the time, they were the ONLY over-the-ear BT APTX-LL phones that were weatherproof, so I had no qualms using them in foul weather or when doing some knee deep wading.  Great audio quality and the also accept a wired input for backup passive audio if the battery craps out.  At the time these came out in 2018/19, Quest didn’t really have a product competitive with the Nox.  I think they do a brisk MD accessory  business by providing quality, widely compatible wireless audio accessories and pinpointers.

On 7/17/2023 at 11:40 PM, D&P-OR said:

Where in the U.S. can you purchase these headphones for the Equinox?

https://www.detectorexperts.com/collections/all/products/quest-wirefree-pro-wireless-headphones-bluetooth-aptx-for-minelab-equinox?_pos=114&_fid=4bf4caeac&_ss=c