Sisu A Movie

Australian release 27/7/2023

Both Carol and I enjoyed this movie but beware of the blood etc and carnage. His find is what dreams are made of, and remines me of the "spaghetti western movies"   

During the last desperate days of WWII, a solitary prospector (Jorma Tommila) crosses paths with Nazis on a scorched-earth retreat in northern Finland. When the Nazis steal his gold, they quickly discover that they have just tangled with no ordinary miner. While there is no direct translation for the Finnish word “sisu”, this legendary ex-commando will embody what sisu means: a white-knuckled form of courage and unimaginable determination in the face of overwhelming odds. And no matter what the Nazis throw at him, the one-man death squad will go to outrageous lengths to get his gold back – even if it means killing every last Nazi in his path.

• The title was changed to Sisu A Movie
15 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Australian release 27/7/2023

Both Carol and I enjoyed this movie but beware of the blood etc and carnage. He find is what dreams are made of, and remines me of the "spaghetti western movies"   

During the last desperate days of WWII, a solitary prospector (Jorma Tommila) crosses paths with Nazis on a scorched-earth retreat in northern Finland. When the Nazis steal his gold, they quickly discover that they have just tangled with no ordinary miner. While there is no direct translation for the Finnish word “sisu”, this legendary ex-commando will embody what sisu means: a white-knuckled form of courage and unimaginable determination in the face of overwhelming odds. And no matter what the Nazis throw at him, the one-man death squad will go to outrageous lengths to get his gold back – even if it means killing every last Nazi in his path.

Sounds like "Jacob" in Ghost Miners yarn.

D4G

So, who all watched this movie last night after seeing this post?

I did, it was a bit unbelievable, but fun to watch.

Totally loved that movie. Take a look at his face. This is what I am waiting for. One day......🤣🤠

01.thumb.jpg.88dcd1e93ecbcec1a7d787237275013b.jpg

02.thumb.jpg.4de91516153b32d8062270df8b64f03c.jpg

03.thumb.jpg.e1fdce848f4eebc1eaf5b7aa859b2b0b.jpg

04.thumb.jpg.6441469e5c1808d72fe4b34d7011d49c.jpg

Extremely brutal, dark and bloody movie. Not for the faint hearted. Watch without wife.😉