Can Anybody Recommend Any Audio Books About The Geology Or Prospecting Nevada?

Hi! I do a lot of driving for work and I would like to listen to some audiobooks to help enhance my knowledge of the geology prospecting in Nevada around the Reno area or Nevada in general. I just started listening to a book called basin and range. I searched and there's no books by Steve in there. Appreciate any leads. Thank you.

Don't know a thing about audio books.

• Placer Gold Deposits of Nevada 1973 USGS Bulletin 1356 by Maureen G. Johnson - A catalog of location, geology, and production with lists of annotated references pertaining to the placer districts.

Lots of free stuff here:

Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology Publication Sales and Information Office

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Basin and Range" is a classic and, even though it's a touch outdated as far as plate tectonics go, McPhee's other book about that area is called "Assembling California" which is a fascinating read that has information that translates somewhat to NV geology as well.

3 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

"Basin and Range" is a classic and, even though it's a touch outdated as far as plate tectonics go, McPhee's other book about that area is called "Assembling California" which is a fascinating read that has information that translates somewhat to NV geology as well.

Thank you I appreciate that

58 minutes ago, Ken Walls said:

How you been doing Robert, was wondering where you went and how you have been doing.

Hey thanks for asking. I'm still alive here in reno, but it's been a real rough couple of years. I've been focusing on my kids trying to supplement their education, tread water and so on and so forth. I'm dusting off my f75., I just bought the new 12-in coil , and will try to stop during my day whenever possible and get out my car and use it. It's not much, but it will scratch an itch a little bit

• Like 1