Better Separation (nfd 90)

Let us know when it is will be available for sale. It has one control but Tesoro had detectors with one control and they worked great. I look forward to trying it out.

Thanks for showing us.

Rick

• Like 1

Well Rick they got two of them sold but I still say if the price is right.

I don’t know why the subject of money has to come up but if it’s not what’s implied it can do then I just dropped more money down the drain.

Chuck 

• Like 1

You got that right Chuck. I think I should wait and hear more now about it than jumping right in. Thanks for that.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2023 at 4:48 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

The Gold Bug 2 has been doing that for as long as I air tested them - amazing demo to see. In ground it all falls apart though so I'd like to see real world results on in ground targets.

EXACTLY!!!! 

I've run numerous separation tests over the years and one thing is most apparent....at least to me....air testing separation capabilities borders on a waste of time...for the most part.

Most recently, I successfully separated good targets from bad using the Deus II in Beach Sensitive during an air test i.e.targets were exposed on the ground with approximately 1 inch separation.  When I buried those same targets at the same distance, one from the other, at a depth of 6 inches, NO separation.

I pretty much ignore air tests.  Why?  That's NOT the way we hunt.  We detect targets that are buried in sand or soil don't we?  I always abide by the Army approach from my day...."Train as you fight."

Can you get something out of air testing?  Maybe, sometimes, but don't take those results to the bank...if you do you'll be sorely disappointed when you apply those same parameters/results to buried targets.

Just the experience from my old foxhole....you may have a different opinion.

• Like 4

Why is it the proof is in the pudding as they say.

I was trying to sign on in their site and got nothing. The other day I found where it showed the detector with both coils that we see on the videos but can’t find it now.

Not all is lost until it’s gone.

I’d still like to see more of this detector but maybe this time a in ground test. It’s proven that air testing in what you see is not always what you get.

Chuck 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

ysabxe , the disc results obtained with the nfd90 in the video are impressive .

However I noticed that the nfd90 signals on targets are a little too slow or elongated for me.  I like fast signals on targets and I would have preferred more reactive signals like with the Orx.

Second I would preferred to have a multitone than the current monotone . 5 tones would be a good choice I think .

I dont know if these changes can be implemented on the nfd90 , or on a next version ..

Just the experience from my foxhole too .. 🙂

btw is it possible to order a nfd90 from France  ? thx ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

However I noticed that the nfd90 signals on targets are a little too slow or elongated for me.  I like fast signals on targets and I would have preferred more reactive signals like with the Orx.

Second I would preferred to have a multitone than the current monotone . 5 tones would be a good choice I think .

I dont know if these changes can be implemented on the nfd90 , or on a next version ..

Just the experience from my foxhole too .. 🙂

btw is it possible to order a nfd90 from France  ? thx ...

Try to watch video on 60 fps... There are two types of sound linear & thrashold. It can be used BT headset. In trashy areas VDI (5 tones) are useless. I undestand that you want to chose what to dig, but most interesting targets will be missed. No problem to send to EU but you need to send me PM and wait in line

0924231323.thumb.jpg.dc880628385af697558414c61220ad16.jpg

IMG_20230924_155009.jpg

0924231329d~2.jpg

0924231525~2.jpg

0924231320d.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ysabxe said:

In trashy areas VDI (5 tones) are useless. I undestand that you want to chose what to dig, but most interesting targets will be missed. 

I dont really agree with this . I will dig everything in an interesting area , but a multitone is very important for me because it provides for example target size infos . If I have a low tone , I know that it is a small target which will be shallow . If I have a faint high tone , it will be a bigger target deeply buried and I will dig a bigger hole to avoid to damage it.

Honestly it is very difficult to come back to a monotone machine when you are used to a multitone one , and I only use multitone detectors since my ML Explorer in 2002 ...

I have an other question about depth . At what depth will the nfd90 detect a big coin ,say a bronze 10g coin ? this in clean and mild soil . Just to check that the nfd90 can be used as a polyvalent detector and not as a very specialized detector which can only be used in very specific situations ( nails beds ) . would be nice if you could show this in a video .   Thanks ..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, palzynski said:

I dont really agree with this . I will dig everything in an interesting area , but a multitone is very important for me because it provides for example target size infos

I have an other question about depth . At what depth will the nfd90 detect a big coin ,say a bronze 10g coin

NFD 90 is monotone but not misses targets. Also in trashy areas you relax and dig (there is no iron tone). Is it possible to know size of the target? Yes, there is short and wide signals

Depth in the black ground is about the same as ORX with HF coil. NFD 90 was made to find things in hard soil

• Thanks 1