Will I Get 2 Ounces Of Gold This Year?...

StarVatrex

I continue in this new thread with the findings that come out. It will be a continuation of this other thread...

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/22811-minelabs-x-terra-pro-anyone-enjoying-theirs/

Gold piece 19 and 20 came out. A small medal of 1.05 gr. and a 1.4 gr. ring.

Some Silver too. Two rings and a gold earring marked 925.

And I was about to take out an octopus, it seems that it likes the red light on the screen...

IMG_20231004_174140.jpg

IMG_20231004_175813.jpg

IMG_20231004_174801.jpg

IMG_20231004_174458.jpg

That must be some resort beach! High rent place 🤔

Always impressed by your finds, do you have competition?

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

That must be some resort beach! High rent place 🤔

Always impressed by your finds, do you have competition?

Yes, I live in a small town in the south of Spain on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. Summer tourism is the main source of local income. I am surrounded by hotel areas and a marina where high-level boats arrive. This summer even Georgina visited us!.

It's not just a location, I move in an area of about 100 km. and I am guided by the winds and tides. That's the key.

Of course I have competence, in Spain there is severe legislation in force. It can only be detected on the beach and not on all of them. License is required (free). 

Every year new candidates appear with their "newly released" super detectors. They don't last long...

There are three or four really good ones. But in the water, things change.

There are only two of us and consistently (all year) I don't think there are many of us.

Location and consistency, there is no more secret.

And some good headphones...

😎

IMG_20230505_201508.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 11:09 PM, Airtemisa said:

I was worried about you, was strange not having news from your (great) huntings!

Mucho ánimo!

I still think I'm 20 years old and I'm not. I fell on my side and tried to minimize the impact with my hands. Mistake. The right thumb was facing the other way. Painful, but I'm better now...

How you wear the Nox 900 and the choice of salt water headphones?

Regards.

And the storm 'Ciaran' passed and the 'Domingos' has just entered Spain.

Between the two a 24-hour window.

Due to the direction of the wind, I have to take the car and travel 40 km. If you want to get Gold...

My hand is still a little sore but I'm going to go out for a walk.

I arrive at the chosen beach and it is perfect. Cleaned and washed of sand by the effect of the waves. Diving is impossible, today it's time to surf.

I change the coil for the original and connect my old ML80 wired. I'm a little rusty.

A couple of silver rings and some coins come out and suddenly on the same shore a low tone accompanied by that bell that I like...

Negative ID's (-12, -6) and some more bells (2-4) are on the surface. I'm going to take it out...

Banngggg! Beautiful slave of woman (14k) go back to yellow!

Piece 21.

The best was yet to come, the walk had been worth it. Open mind!

I hear a powerful 36-38-32 and think it will be another pull-tab. Look how good they sound...It's a profound sign, I have my doubts, I've been there for a while and my hand hurts. I go over it again, 42-46... mmmm. 

Piece 22.

BANG! Heavy men's wedding ring.

Almost 10 grams in a couple of hours.

I've already reached two ounces!

Let's go for three!

😎

IMG_20231104_111519.jpg

IMG_20231104_111441.jpg

IMG_20231104_111529.jpg

Great StarVatrex! 2 yellow items! XTP is so sensitive....

(answering your question, I went for the Gray ghost Amphibian II. I own the 800 and Manticore, as a perfect duo. The gray ghost works great underwater because they are piezos, and that's what I needed. A little bit expensive, but it's what they are!) 

11 hours ago, Airtemisa said:

Great StarVatrex! 2 yellow items! XTP is so sensitive....

(answering your question, I went for the Gray ghost Amphibian II. I own the 800 and Manticore, as a perfect duo. The gray ghost works great underwater because they are piezos, and that's what I needed. A little bit expensive, but it's what they are!) 

Thanks, yes XTP is so...mmm.... Minelab! I have an 800 too and the adaptation was quick. I think the processor is faster, the audio is better, the mechanics are light years ahead and it is finally truly IP68. What more could you ask for?... Ah yes! A numerical identification that this drunk doesn't have...🙃

For beach hunters (we all go by ear) perfect, for the rest I have my doubts. In a Park hunt I don't use an XTP, for example.

If you want water you need piezoelectrics. Here in Europe they are made by a Polish company (LS Pelso) and they work well. They fail a little in quality of the connector and quality and length of the cable. I use some DETECTED, Ls Pelso piezos with a quality connector and cable (australian made). I have my eye on the Amphibian II too. So expensive!.

You'll tell us, good tools!...

In my humble opinion, just as important or perhaps more so is the location, the right moment, perseverance and of course, a little luck.

The results will come, for sure. 

And hours, many hours, you have to understand their language and make it an extension of your body.

😎

If you like Silver, the XTP is your machine (and everything that comes out of Pandora is missing and everything that my wife and teenage daughter likes....).

IMG_20230914_194003.jpg

IMG_20230914_191411.jpg

IMG_20221120_172223.jpg

IMG_20230518_185757.jpg

Yes I agree. The important thing is the Indian, not the arrows. But with a good arrow you will hit the target more often.

With the 800 converted to Seaghost I have been diving and getting a lot, lot, LOT of gold for the last 5 years.
Now we'll see if the Manticore can do better or not. I keep Seaghost because I feel underwater is going to be difficult to beat it with the 6" coil. 

I have had Pelso. And also Seaghost, and now the Amphibian IIs. For the moment I'm sticking with the Seaghost, with the 100% submersible EQX800.

We'll see what happens over time!