Update About Saltwater P12 Conduct

Skull diver

I would like to report what I discovered today during a session on the bottom.
For a long time I have been complaining about instability in P12 @ 40Khz while in saltwater.
So today by changing audio filter to 1 while before it was on 4 I finally got the ability to increase sensitivity and decrease reactivity.

It seems that the prolonged tone by higher A.F. in pitch not only makes difficult to locate the signal (even with 9" coil 😒) but increase falsing too.
At the moment I am not going to give an opinion as I was going to leave the beach when I accidentally gained audio stability and I will need more tests.I will tell you...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skull diver said:

I would like to report what I discovered today during a session on the bottom.
For a long time I have been complaining about instability in P12 @ 40Khz while in saltwater.
So today by changing audio filter to 1 while before it was on 4 I finally got the ability to increase sensitivity and decrease reactivity.

It seems that the prolonged tone by higher A.F. in pitch not only makes difficult to locate the signal (even with 9" coil 😒) but increase falsing too.
At the moment I am not going to give an opinion as I was going to leave the beach when I accidentally gained audio stability and I will need more tests.I will tell you...

Thanks for your observation, Skull diver. I'm not a fan of the Audio Filter fo far. I have played with it some, but don't like the elongated sounds. I prefer crisp pops on good targets. I know some people like it alot, but for me, the crispness of a target tells me if it is good or not with the audio settings I use. Just my opinion so far, that is subject to change. 😎

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I prefer crisp pops

Me too.The pinpointing immediately performed better (without to use it, cause now I own a 9").

Also, when the sound is shorter, it appears to be exactly in the middle of the coil (like it should be)...What I found weird was the complete difference in how the soft treshold I use and the warble changed radically for the better.

• Like 1