New Wm09 Wireless For Manticore & Eqx 700/900?

jasong

And then there‘s the question, what that thing will cost. As far as I can remember, the WM08 was over 300€ as spare part - got the whole Nox 800 kit for 900€ 🙄

COST, I think they owe one to everyone that paid 1600 for a Manticore !!!

I have been using a BT transmitter since day one and I am still ticked off about it. 

Over here it‘s 2000€ .. more than 2100$

• The title was changed to New Wm09 Wireless For Manticore & Eqx 700/900?
  • 2 weeks later...

From the inside pictures you can see, it is equipped with the nRF5340 chip - same as used in the headphones.

• 3 weeks later...

Notice on November 24th, 2023 that Minelab has the WM09 wireless module listed on their accessory page for the Xterra Pro, EQX700, EQX900 and Manticore. This will allow for a wireless connection to your favorite 1/8” jax headphones; 1/4” jax HP with 1/8” to 1/4” adapter cable required. No external speaker. Amazon did not currently have any listing for the WM09. 

On 10/24/2023 at 10:01 PM, Dug D said:

COST, I think they owe one to everyone that paid 1600 for a Manticore !!!

I have been using a BT transmitter since day one and I am still ticked off about it. 

I'll stand by my first post, when I ordered the Manticore it was simply BT headphones, not Minelab only headphones.  It is sad that there appears to be no fix on the way for BT exclusive users.

Lets hope the price takes into account the dissatisfaction that has been expressed by so many buyers of their latest detectors. 

it's great Minelab listened and provided this option, but if they didn't lock down the Bluetooth in the first place nobody would need it so they don't really deserve a pat on the back for it, all they've done is provided another very overpriced object many people will need to buy to be satisfied with their very expensive detector.

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

it's great Minelab listened and provided this option, but if they didn't lock down the Bluetooth in the first place nobody would need it so they don't really deserve a pat on the back for it, all they've done is provided another very overpriced object many people will need to buy to be satisfied with their very expensive detector.

Simon, agree, this is a mess of their own making. you will still need to plug your headphones or earbuds into he WMO9 correct ? Although not tethered to the detector you still have to mess with wires as opposed to just pairing headphones and on you go. So maybe half wireless. Ha ha. I was one of those who whined about the proprietary headphones but quite honestly I haven't seen enough from the 900 to invest another nickel in it.  I bought a Bluetooth transmitter for  $29 and it works fine with earbuds. The ML85s aren't that bad when you can use over the ear headphones.

Yes, The WM09 doesn't have a built-in speaker like the WM10 from the CTX and WM12 from the GPZ.  The use of it is dependent on plugging in a corded set of headphones.  I believe they should make it available by redemption to anyone already with a Manticore and include it in all furture Manticore packages due to the high cost of the detector, the lesser priced Detectors like the X-Terra I can understand it being an accessory, even to an extent the Equinox 700, the 900 should probably have had it included.  Minelab could go a long way to improving customer relations by offering it as a free redemption to Manticore owners seeing they locked down the Bluetooth offerings.

WM-09_LandingPage_Transparent.gif.7cdfffcb1ce81a97dcf341eb5d540db1.gif

It's a shame they just didn't put the new Nordic Bluetooth chipset into the WM12 and call it a WM09 to give people a bit more value for the hideous cost we can expect to pay for the WM09.

GPZ_WM12_LandingPage_Transparent.gif.7ef87ea0049b2beb5bdc7386118d43e6.gif