56 Rings In 4 Days!! Amazing New Washout

Oh wow, from april first to today I only found 15 rings

If I was finding as many as you I would buy a display peice and fill it with rings and display it in my living room

Metal detecting NYC on youtube has the display cases I'm talking about, they are cheap on amazon

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/3/2023 at 12:18 AM, TTT2866 said:

over 400 rings from the area

Wow, that's totally insane 😵
Is it a big / high volume beach?
I once found 12 rings on one beach at very low waterlevel. Been there again two weeks ago - only one blinger and one silver.

Most of my beaches are surrounding a relatively slim but long bay and the water get's very deep super quick near the waterway. We don't have tides and low water levels only occur during winter after big storms and a certain wind directions. You then must decide where to go during that 3-4h time window. It's a game of luck.

That # and those incredible finds are what many dream of. 

The weather and cut along with timing and your detecting skills all came together.  Well earned 👏

On 12/6/2023 at 12:00 AM, Sinclair said:

Wow, that's totally insane 😵
Is it a big / high volume beach?
I once found 12 rings on one beach at very low waterlevel. Been there again two weeks ago - only one blinger and one silver.

Most of my beaches are surrounding a relatively slim but long bay and the water get's very deep super quick near the waterway. We don't have tides and low water levels only occur during winter after big storms and a certain wind directions. You then must decide where to go during that 3-4h time window. It's a game of luck.

Yes it's a very high volume beach all year around except the extreme weather in winter. I'm up to 250 rings for this year now, and a good 200 are from this beach alone 😄 I've gone back heaps since this post and pulled out another stack, including yet another platinum ring, and a few gold bands. Every other beach within hours is not like this one.. its truly a 1 in a million beach in my opinion, I've never come across another like it in terms of terrain, tourists, washouts, accessibility and easily dug targets . It's always got heaps of heavy rocks right where people normally paddle on surfboards during high tide, which is accessible at low tides, and whenever we're lucky after high winds and rain, there are shoreline washouts full of clay and rocks which always produce lots of rings. The most productive and easily accessible spots are always within 20 meters left/right of the stairs leading down to the beach, or where the surfers sit waiting for waves.