I Need A Specific Brand And Model Of Boot With No Metal, At All

Since I got interested in two-box detectors, and the use of a data-logger, and purchasing Both a 900 and 1200 from Treasure Baron in the Discovery models, my lack of non-metal boots is becoming a problem. Ever step is making a noise. can't have that. Can anybody give me a brand, and model of boot that has zero metal? All help appreciated. Lug soles would also be nice.

Jim

• The title was changed to I Need A Specific Brand And Model Of Boot With No Metal, At All

Jim

I agree with Mtron. I also have been using Keen boots for years. No metal, long lasting and very comfortable. I think these are the style I have. Might want to call them to confirm these are the  metal free style. https://www.keenfootwear.com/collections/mens-bestsellers/products/mens-targhee-ii-mid-waterproof-hiking-boots-shitake-brindle?variant=43085890551972

• Like 1

LOL....Good Lord! $200 for those woven boots. No wonder they last...they better, Ha!

Jim

• Like 2

Sorry guys, but I just bought those two 2-box detectors and paid $200 for the two of them. $200 for boots, for a guy that has been frugal all his life, is difficult...LOL I've been looking, and few companies make non-metal boots, it seems. For what I do, and where I do it, I don't need either waterproof, or insulated. You'd think, with all our modern materials, there'd be a moderately-priced product that would get the job done. Maybe I need some old "Keds" LOL

Jim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I use work boots for electricians and electrical workings. Usually, every brand has this model’s type. 

I prefer the shapes that cover/touch the heel, it gives more protection, and it supports more the heel if you misstep.

The ones made from leather (a bit more expensive) don´t heat so much when exposed to the sun, but the synthetic material works fine too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Furness said:

Try Doc at Doc's Detecting Supplies: https://docsdetecting.com/ 

Thanks, Mike! I ordered a pair of the no-metal desert boots. Should work fine. I can use my regular boots for the bulk of my detecting, but those Discovery two-box units are super sensitive. The reason is that you're enveloped in the magnetic field....it's much larger than the field from a regular search coil. So the eyelets in my boots set it off with every step. I have to take extra care to remove all the metal on my body.... including my hard head....LOL

Jim

• Like 1

Jim, if you have a Big5 near you, might try them. They usually have a fairly cheap selection of 'hiking' shoes and boots. Can't remember the brand I bought several years ago, maybe Eddie Bauer or Hi Tec, but I took a pinpointer in with me to check if there was metal in the sole.

Didn't last more than a year but for less than $20............

Bates also makes some pretty reasonable metal-free boots.

(ah, just realized I was typing while you were posting the above reply)