I Need A Specific Brand And Model Of Boot With No Metal, At All

On 12/8/2023 at 9:55 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Most of the people I know favor a desert type boot. I get into wet places more often so I favor waterproof boots. I can recommend the Keen Targhee II as light weight, lug soles, waterproof, and totally metal free. Lots of toe space, which I appreciate.

Steve,

I used to backpack in water proof boots and my feet would sweat to the point that feet were getting wet from the inside out.

What has been your experience with these boots when used in warm weather regarding sweating feet? 

I looked up the ventilated version of this boot and it appears to have a metal hook for the top lace point which is not a deal breaker for me but something to consider.

3 hours ago, Dutchman4 said:

Steve,

I used to backpack in water proof boots and my feet would sweat to the point that feet were getting wet from the inside out.

What has been your experience with these boots when used in warm weather regarding sweating feet? 

I looked up the ventilated version of this boot and it appears to have a metal hook for the top lace point which is not a deal breaker for me but something to consider.

There is no metal in mine. The top lace hooks are plastic, and been under a detector to prove it. :smile: They are breathable and waterproof. Sweaty feet have not been a problem for me but unfortunately I sure can’t say if it will be or not for you. I can’t say I’ve ever experienced such a thing with anything other than rubber boots.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 6:34 PM, Lunk said:

Hey Reese, those look thick enough to keep the “teddy bear” cactus from punching through. Is that the case?

On 12/12/2023 at 6:54 AM, Goldseeker5000 said:

I used to use Keene boots, but the quality, is no longer there in my opinion. They dot last long. I went on a search for a better boot and I found Thoroughgood boots. The genflex 2 boot is 100% non metallic, durable, stylish, has a composit toe cap to protect your toes from large rocks that you may turn over to detect around. I am quite pleased with this boot and am getting ready to purchase another pair to have as a backup or to wear on occasions when I am not out detecting. They were around $179.00 well worth the money. Double and triple stitched. You can get them through Boot Barn. 

1000056874.png

1000056872.png

1000056871.png

Are those boots comfortable when you first take them out of the box or do you to need to break them in ? Looking for some new metal free boots, my bates fell apart. Thanks

Oliver make a variety of metal free boots.

While made overseas now, they originated in Ballarat Vic making boots for miners.

https://www.oliver.com.au/45-series-150mm-wheat-lace-up-boot-45632

Have had mine for 2 years without a hitch. Previous boots including Keene and redback had peeling soles after just 6 mnths  of boot scraping around the GT.

On 1/10/2024 at 11:19 AM, Mike Nixon said:

Hi there, is the side zipper metal ? Thanks

No, the side zipper is not metallic, only the little zipper clip is (for whatever reason). But does not give any problems.

• Like 1