Monster 13.5 Gram Bvlgari Gold, I'm Speechless.

In the 15 years heading South, I've spent way more trips and dollars than many folks trying to learn MX and Bahamas.  My efforts have slowly been tuned and fine tuned even more to the point I now have expectations and usually achieve my goals.  This trip, the gold count was off (extreme rough seas) but the quality was better.  I had to use those dentures I found to keep biting myself....😆

Here's my 1st a BVLGARI ring recovery.  BVLGARI is an Italian world renown high end jewelry designer. It weights 13.5 grams, almost a half ounce of 18K yellow gold. Look closely at markings/stamps, perfect. I'm speechless each time I look at it.  I've seen this exact ring on different sites from $3100 to $3800 and just amazed why folks wear this kind of stuff to the beach?  Sure I have rings with higher value, but that's because of the stones, usually diamonds.

If I can't find owner, I'll probably sell just to help offset cost of the trip, it's too fancy for my taste.
I know some of you Expert Beach and Water hunters have found top class jewelry before, how do you think I should go about if I sell it to get best price?

1Big1.jpg

1Big2.jpg

1Big3.jpg

1Big4.jpg

Congratulations Gerry on a stunning find!! It doesn't get much better than and that's what every beach hunter hopes to find.  It is amazing that someone would wear something like that in water. I guess he needed to have his ego stroked by showing it off. It would be a crying shame if you can't find the owner :wink:  Thanks for sharing an amazing find.

Awesome save, amigo!

1 hour ago, Dan(NM) said:

Congratulations Gerry on a stunning find!! It doesn't get much better than and that's what every beach hunter hopes to find.  It is amazing that someone would wear something like that in water. I guess he needed to have his ego stroked by showing it off. It would be a crying shame if you can't find the owner :wink:  Thanks for sharing an amazing find.

One of my Facebook followers feels this ring was probably on a gold chain. If that's the case, the chain had to have broke. Either way, it's not sitting at the bottom of the ocean anymore. 

Thanks for the kind words. 

5 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I'll probably sell just to help offset cost of the trip, it's too fancy for my taste

I like parables seasoned with a little story....

In spite of beauty or monetary value, the real treasure is the meaning of that piece to the wearer.

I have been looking for a gold rope necklace for two decades with no luck.

It didn't belong to me, I never wanted yellow gold on my neck or hands, but if it weren't for a rope, maybe I wouldn't be here writing now....

Meditate on what to do 🏴‍☠️

Great find and I would like to know if that also belonged to GB Amateur since you got his wallet.

That's a stunning find - congrats, Gerry!