First Nugget For 2024

Good save on the nugget Simon, and remember that it all starts with the first one each year.

I am sure that this year you will be finding many more to pocket. Have you been sluicing much the past few months yet?

Good luck and good hunting.

Very well done,gold is still gold non the less.....that is one more nugget than i have ever found,have found other forms of gold though ie both hammered and milled gold coinage.

Lets hope you find more in 24 🙂

I’ve been thinking about the 6000 and it’s roaring on tiny targets close to the coil but that roar quickly dissipates to a faint signal, most noticeable on pellets and I’m wondering if it’s just using the volume limit function the GPZ has, thereby giving the impression its very sensitive to tiny targets, it’s just a surprise how it booms on these targets but they quickly drop off with any depth, different to the GPZ where they don’t roar but it  holds them deeper.  I wonder if the 6000 has a volume limit built in that makes all targets with any reasonable target strength very loud.  Great for marketing as it really gives the impression of a very sensitive detector.

From  the GPZ manual on the volume limit setting, the CTX has a similar setting.

“A high volume limit will allow a greater difference between a small and a large target.

A low volume limit will reduce the volume difference between a small and large target"

Great to see you scoring your 1st gold for 2024 Simon.  Sorry the GPX-6000 is not doing as well for you. 

There's got to be more gold in the deeper soils.  Keep it up.