Going To New Zealand

Just now, mn90403 said:

So, there is this problem of charging my computer.  The van needs to be plugged in to a camping spot for the 220 and my converter to work.  I can charge my USB devices without a spot.  My laptop needs a usb charger.  

The laptop probably can't be charged with 5 volts unless it's one designed to do so, many laptops are 19v, so even then to charge them on a 12-volt system you need an inverter like this.

But it has a NZ/AUS plug on it, so once you get back to the USA it won't overly be much good for you without using an adapter.

It just plugs into a lighter socket and then gives you the 240v power to charge your laptap.

Simon has a wealth of answers as we all know.

Thank you Simon.

image.png.84ee95e61d5ae1e97b92f95291dd9364.png

We went to this area this afternoon!  Wow!  And it is in a gold region.

It was shut down in 1952 but there is still active mining near.  More on it later when there is time to put up pictures.

Hi Mitchel, what made you go to Waihi? A good walk for you & family would be the "Windows" walk in the Karangahake gorge. Site of the 3rd richest hard rock gold mine in NZ back in its day. The Talisman, which has activity going on today.   The Martha mine was the richest followed by the Blackwater mine in the south island at Waiuta. The Birthday reef was a late discovery in 1906 & was found on King George's birthday. Hence the "Birthday" reef. It closed in 1951 due to the shaft collapsing. Today an Australian company has driven a low level tunnel & have very recently hit the Birthday reef way below the extent of the old workings. Looks like happy days ahead. The Blackwater mine had the deepest shaft in NZ. Sorry I can't recall the depth off the top of my head. Do a google search on Waiuta. Could be worth a trip up to the old ghost town. Very interesting.

D4G

A mine they claim the richest find in NZ in four decades is hoping to open near a spot look for Gold, no doubt Mitchel will be driving right past this one on his way to Queenstown.

South Island mine could hold $4.4b in gold | Star News (odt.co.nz)

They claim 1.12 million ounces of gold, a bit more than the gram or two I've got from the area 🙂

4 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

That's interesting. I don't recall any posts you have made of gold you have found from where they are prospecting.

https://www.santanaminerals.com/bendigo-ophir-new-zealand

Odd, I never post where I am at so I have no idea why you would say that.

And of course I mean general area, not their actual mine site.

Hobbiton was amazing.  Today we go to the Waitomo caves.