AlgoForce E1500

34 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

We do need a detector that will tell us exactly what the targets are ... kinda like an XRF.  I hope this does it

It won’t. Expecting miracles is just a setup for failure. If discrimination is the most important factor stick with VLF.

On 1/26/2024 at 10:19 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I am shocked, stunned, and amazed that everyone seems to be skating past that this machine is offering the first 0-99 conductive target id ever offered in a real PI.

I'm getting this conductive scale confused with IDing.

Well l tried the Algoforce out this morning. First up the top locking lug on the carbon fibre shaft wouldn't tighten, It just kept spinning.   I took the middle and bottom shafts out to see what was going on. The locking lug was just spinning on the shaft, gave it a pull and it came straight off. The glue was just a sticky mess. Looks like there wasn't enough hardner mixed with it. About to contact them and see what they think. Anyway back together and electrical tape around the joint and I was ready for testing.  BTW  bottom one seems fine, tightens up good.

After setting up all the basics,  threshold , tone, volume , ect I went into the coil menu and was pleasantly surprised to see the 8x6 Sadie was already there and ( ready to detect ) no need to calibrate.  Emi tune and a ground balance and I was away. Bit of a test on a tiny bit of gold, keep burying it deeper and deeper till I could only just pick it up. Ultra fine was the best gold mode as you would expect. Next was the 9" round coiltek elite on the same target and same depth and it was hitting it better , could lift the coil about an inch higher. Ultra fine probably just had the edge over fine. There was no  9" coil in the menu so I had to edit the 12x8" to 9".   Next up the 14x9" coiltek blitz. It was a bit of a surprise, picking up the target in Ultra fine and fine. The disappointing coil was the 12" round nuggetfinder evolution.  Picked the target up but was a strange wobbly signal and was affected by emi a lot more than the other coils. It was the last coil tested so maybe the hotter ground ( it was 34 c when I left ) and more emi later in the day was the cause.  I'll try it again first thing in the morning. The pick of the coils so far is the 9" coiltek elite. Lots more testing to do yet though. 

I'm impressed with the ground balance , bit slow sometimes especially when  I changed gold modes but seems to hold the balance really well. I thought I'd be on the button rebalancing it all the time but it works great.   

Another thing I noticed was when changing coils,  the spiral coils needed calibrating but the bundle ones didn't need it.

I've always wondered how the 9" Elite goes, smallest spiral coil on the market and no surprise its better than the Sadie on small gold.    

Thanks for the preliminary information., sucks about the glue, sounds an easy fix though, you're likely right a bad mix of 2 part.

10 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I've always wondered how the 9" Elite goes, smallest spiral coil on the market and no surprise its better than the Sadie on small gold.    

Thanks for the preliminary information., sucks about the glue, sounds an easy fix though, you're likely right a bad mix of 2 part.

Yea I'll wait to hear from them,  Don't really want to send it back. I've got some 2 part 24 hr araldite and might just clean it right up then re glue it .

1 hour ago, Nedkelly said:

Well l tried the Algoforce out this morning. First up the top locking lug on the carbon fibre shaft wouldn't tighten, It just kept spinning.   I took the middle and bottom shafts out to see what was going on. The locking lug was just spinning on the shaft, gave it a pull and it came straight off. The glue was just a sticky mess. Looks like there wasn't enough hardner mixed with it. About to contact them and see what they think. Anyway back together and electrical tape around the joint and I was ready for testing.  BTW  bottom one seems fine, tightens up good.

After setting up all the basics,  threshold , tone, volume , ect I went into the coil menu and was pleasantly surprised to see the 8x6 Sadie was already there and ready to detect,  no need to calibrate.  Emi tune and a ground balance and I was away. Bit of a test on a tiny bit of gold, keep burying it deeper and deeper till I could only just pick it up. Ultra fine was the best gold mode as you would expect. Next was the 9" round coiltek elite on the same target and same depth and it was hitting it better , could lift the coil about an inch higher. Ultra fine probably just had the edge over fine. There was no  9" coil in the menu so I had to edit the 12x8" to 9".   Next up the 14x9" coiltek blitz. It was a bit of a surprise, picking up the target in Ultra fine and fine. The disappointing coil was the 12" round nuggetfinder evolution.  Picked the target up but was a strange wobbly signal and was affected by emi a lot more than the other coils. It was the last coil tested so maybe the hotter ground ( it was 34 c when I left ) and more emi later in the day was the cause.  I'll try it again first thing in the morning. The pick of the coils so far is the 9" coiltek elite. Lots more testing to do yet though. 

I'm impressed with the ground balance , bit slow sometimes especially when  I changed gold modes but seems to hold the balance really well. I thought I'd be on the button rebalancing it all the time but it works great.   

Another thing I noticed was when changing coils,  the spiral coils needed calibrating but the bundle ones didn't need it.

Good one. Building my mind on getting it, but which coil suits best thanks 👍

1 hour ago, Nedkelly said:

Yea I'll wait to hear from them,  Don't really want to send it back. I've got some 2 part 24 hr araldite and might just clean it right up then re glue it .

Wow that was a quick reply. Algoforce just send an email back saying they will send a replacement upper shaft out and when I receive it to send the faulty one back to them. 

Or if I want to fix it independently they will give me $230 off another detector if a friend wants to buy one. ( currently out of stock )

Also open to other suggestions to resolve this issue. 👍

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

It appears quite an expensive process too

Im hoping that the 100 units they just sold in 3-4 days will easily pay for that procedure....

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I got almost 9oz with the Coiltek Elite on my modded 4500. Had a coil failure though and had to buy a used replacement....but hey, the results spoke volumes. The NF 12x8 EVO is also a killer small flat-wound coil worth trying. You must be like a kid waiting to go to the lolly shop Simon 😉 

Well, after having read this thread, it really does sound like someone has finally done it--created a light-weight PI with target ID--sounds amazing. The fact that you can buy your own battery pack is a winner too, as is the fact my old coils will work with this detector. (Very smart marketing that seems genuinely linked to what nugget hunters have been asking for many years.)

I didn't think it would ever happen, but it's nice to see that a new company has pioneered this long awaited design package, and I remain disappointed that the established metal detector manufacturers either didn't want to produce one like this, or were too out of touch to dial into what nugget hunters were asking them to create.

I eagerly await the field tests of how this E1500 performs (lots of challenging gold producing places I'd love to go back and revisit).

All the best,

Lanny