AlgoForce E1500

4 minutes ago, George Kinsey said:

I'm in. No surprise as I own several PI detectors. How will it do for coins and relics? Numeric ID is a good thing.

Not sure about about Numeric ID, had a quick play with the pinpoint mode but couldn't work it out. After reading the manual again  I think I was looking at the ground mineralisation ID number. I'll try the more advanced features later. Small steps. LOL 😆 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Nedkelly said:

Not sure about about Numeric ID, had a quick play with the pinpoint mode but couldn't work it out.

Target id for some nuggets and Aussie coins here....

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/threads/algoforce-e1500-new-pi-detector-from-ex-minelab-engineer.42049/post-676638

On 1/31/2024 at 7:14 PM, jasong said:

Yeah true enough. 

I just checked and I don't see any new FCC filings from Algoforce (or Minelab for that matter). And they are usually like 3 weeks from posting on the FCC site to sales for ML, so I'm guessing this one is more than 3 weeks out at very minimum. 90 days might be about right if they already have the paperwork rolling but no testing or anything done yet.

Had a dealer friend make an inquiry and sounds like they are nowhere near ready to sell in the U.S. A prime problem right now might come from being able to fill the demand they already have. If they get ahead of themselves and can't fill demand where they are and exacerbate that by chasing new markets too soon it does not help them really. More like robbing Peter to pay Paul, so I expect responding to what might be a surprising amount of demand is the focus of the moment. If there is any good news I guess it is that any issues will get sorted out in Oz first before it gets here. It will also provide a waiting period for people who might have jumped the gun and bought one, who can now let that fire cool before making a decision, one based on user accounts from others.

Yes powerful options to explore, much like the Axiom, or most Pis, Z or todays top line VLFs, lots to 'soak in' before one can master, or easy as and leave as is. If that entry price doesn`t rise and it allows for R&D it will be the ML competition we have sought and we`ll see more. Impressive potential so much in so little a parcel, electronic miniaturization is amazing when I look back at the clunky anvils we swung in the past. Chaffing at the bit but our big FNQ wet is not over yet. The E1500 may stoke that fire you speak of Steve, less than 1oz of that heavy stuff which is roughly par to what we paid for the early VLF gold detectors (in gold).

8 hours ago, Aureous said:

I might be on the 2nd batch list.

Better to be on the list and cancel than ...

45 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Had a dealer friend make an inquiry and sounds like they are nowhere near ready to sell in the U.S.

Consider the massive investment in inventory required to go from 'mom and pop engineers' to global marketing mavens.  The 'fun' part for them may be the development of the detector.  They are surely going to have to bring on someone that lives, sleeps and breathes marketing if they want to get tens of thousands of machines sold.  

What pieces of the company would they have to give away and more importantly their control.

Does someone have deep pockets you want to help them out with and not charge a premium?  haha  That would make the price go up.

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Consider the massive investment in inventory required to go from 'mom and pop engineers' to global marketing mavens.  The 'fun' part for them may be the development of the detector.  They are surely going to have to bring on someone that lives, sleeps and breathes marketing if they want to get tens of thousands of machines sold.  

What pieces of the company would they have to give away and more importantly their control.

Does someone have deep pockets you want to help them out with and not charge a premium?  haha  That would make the price go up.

Actually it just has to be good at a decent price. Word of mouth is the strongest force in the metal detecting community, especially in the largest markets. You are assuming they are a mom and pop outfit with shallow pockets. Well, they had enough to make 100 up front and sold them in two days so the pockets just got deeper fast. The reason I have hammered on somebody making a machine like this for years is because in my estimation it would not have to be "sold" but would sell by filling a gaping hole in the market. Give people what they want and reap the rewards. A well made good performing under 4 lb under $2K PI detector was the biggest most obvious apple left to pick in this market. No, they need not hire some big marketing gun nor give away the company. Though people with money to spend would love to get a piece of this action. I would have already tried to corral exclusive U.S. distribution rights were I still in the mood to work at all.

Exactly, good products sell themselves, marketing people put me off more than anything.  Let the product do the talking and its buyers do the advertising for them.  

They had a setback already, a cam lock problem causing a shaft to twist, so what do they do? Resolve it perfectly and quickly for the customer, add it to the quality control checklist so it won't happen again, great response.  I still have malfunctioning cam locks on my 6000 causing shaft twist.... what have they done to resolve it?   A tick from me for Algoforce.  These days with faults like that a new company is stepping on thin ice, everyone's going to point out everything with social media, they'll be doing all they can to ensure a great product.

I bet a lot of people are annoyed they sold off all their GPX coils for cheap prices when they moved onto other detectors.  Did you keep yours @Aureous, I'm even annoyed I got rid of a few of mine, I gave them away too.  Legacy GPX coils are going to be in big demand, especially the popular ones.

They've done what the market needed, a good performing, good quality, professionally built PI detector with legacy GPX coil support, I've practically been begging for it from Fisher, Nokta and anyone that could possibly do it.  It doesn't need to be the best on the market, it's something like /14 of the price.  It needs to work well, and be good quality, and so far, its ticking those boxes with a big fat pen, I expect they won't be able to keep up with demand for some time and I think it's popularity already has taken them by surprise, not me.... I knew it would be very popular, not everyone wants to spend 8 to 10k on a detector.  Garrett really goofed up with their pricing, they had this opportunity and blew it.

Simon, do you have a 12x8 Evo? There is no way I'll be able to test this thing anytime feasible, but I'm curious how the smaller spirals do vs the Sadie. I kinda suspect that 12x8 might be about as sensitive despite being quite larger.

8 hours ago, Nedkelly said:

Not sure about about Numeric ID, had a quick play with the pinpoint mode but couldn't work it out. After reading the manual again  I think I was looking at the ground mineralisation ID number. I'll try the more advanced features later. Small steps. LOL 😆 

Yes, if all else fails, read the instructions. 😉

D4G