Early Field Review Of AlgoForce E1500

I gave panning a good shot, while the gold with a pan is plentiful by comparison it often takes a week or so with a sluice and pan setup to get as much gold as one day detecting and a whole lot more physical labour, added up this pan which took a week and it's not even 1/4 of a gram, and that 1/4 of a gram can be found with a detector with far less effort in just one "flake", and the chance of a bigger one is far more with a detector covering masses of ground by comparison when "flakes" are few and far between.

Pan.thumb.jpg.6b0f8fae0df901e9b0863cb8f73b1647.jpg

Some of us just enjoy doing it, we don't need a big lunker to make our efforts worthwhile and every once in a while, we stumble across a good patch that brings in some reasonable amounts, even amounts you would bend over to pick up Reg. 😛

That's why this detector may well become very popular, it's inclusive of everyone, not just big lunker finders and at an affordable price 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Reg Wilson said:

Will you guys please desist in callings specks nuggets. Buy a gold pan if 'dust' turns you on.

Here you go mate, sink your teeth into these ones...

IMG_20240202_084618_2133.thumb.jpg.5a6725743a5a6a97b5b7c87c90685873.jpg

I’m regularly picking up specs in the Central Vic goldfields between 0.01-0.02g at 1-2 inches with the 7000 + 8” X-Coils in HY/difficult/sens18-20/ths30 (variable ground in my area masks tiny stuff in normal), but it certainly won’t pay the bills. Hoovering up the tiny stuff is fun for a while, but gets old pretty quick if that’s all you’re finding. It’s a relief to hit on a target that’s bigger and deeper even if it turns out to be a bit of trash. The little ones often lead to the bigger ones though, so it’ll be interesting to hear how the E1500 transitions across the spectrum of tiny specs to bigger-deeper stuff in variable ground. For the price/weight/ergonomics, it sure seems like a bargain.

You have to have a detector that can find what is left in the known gold patches.  The E1500 and my X-coils have a chance at it if you learn to use them.  Both of them seem to be pushing conventional detecting to new limits.

No doubt the ergonomics of the E1500 are superior to the 7000.   That and the price will bring back the fun factor for people to get the remaining bits.  

After these machines deplete the fields will my sons be able to look forward to more detectors that will consistently break the .01g barrier in 5-6 years?

I'm anxiously awaiting Simon's tests.  His insanely mild soil reviews are a standard now.

There are old timers who regularly find good gold using a pan. The secret is knowing where to use one. Same goes for detecting. 

I know people who find good gold using a detector but wouldn't have a clue where or how to wash a dish. I also know detector operators who after years of swinging a coil have still not found enough gold to fill a tooth.

Chasing specks in the grass is not my idea of prospecting, so I will just leave them for those who have nothing better to do with their time. Don't care if I go weeks without a colour, but get a buzz when I dig something worth the effort.

12 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

You have to have a detector that can find what is left in the known gold patches.  The E1500 and my X-coils have a chance at it if you learn to use them.  Both of them seem to be pushing conventional detecting to new limits.

No doubt the ergonomics of the E1500 are superior to the 7000.   That and the price will bring back the fun factor for people to get the remaining bits.  

After these machines deplete the fields will my sons be able to look forward to more detectors that will consistently break the .01g barrier in 5-6 years?

Im gonna say yes. Over the years we have seen "windows" open up with detectors. Initial tests on many were from guys on the old forums "ahh this is nothing new" "dont waste your money" "my first 2000 went deeper".

Not saying guys here getting onto the business end of this thing will be the same as I'm looking forward to hearing all their ideas and opinions.

When the 5000 came out it was "erghh rubbish, only thing is fine gold tiny crap". Umm, wrong, even in fine gold mode with the newer flat winds it opened up seriously good on a number of "windows". And not just specks.

Im really looking forward to getting one of these. Ill wait because of heat where I am and the insane amount of mosquito's, I have zero desire to go out at present even though right now I dont have a dedicated 100% gold detector, but do have an in between. Had to sell my PI stuff, which broke my heart, when the housing crisis hit country Vic to move. That utterly destroyed my finances having to do it. I had to move ks upon ks away from our home for 35yrs.

Im now in a little place with nothing, no fuel, shops, nothing.

But after a while here this E1500 is in my range to get back in.

Im hoping it will be worth it. 

13 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

There are old timers who regularly find good gold using a pan. The secret is knowing where to use one. Same goes for detecting. 

I know people who find good gold using a detector but wouldn't have a clue where or how to wash a dish. I also know detector operators who after years of swinging a coil have still not found enough gold to fill a tooth.

Chasing specks in the grass is not my idea of prospecting, so I will just leave them for those who have nothing better to do with their time. Don't care if I go weeks without a colour, but get a buzz when I dig something worth the effort.

you-kids-get-off-my-lawn-cranky-old-man.

Is it really necessary Reg to take a dump on what other people consider fun? To each their own. I was out this week and would have been happier with a speck than the skunk that came home with me. :smile: 

download.jpg