A Long Awaited AlgoForce E1500 Video

Thx for the videos Simon , curious to see how it will react on ferrous targets like nails and what will be the ID vs a coin  , in other words if the iron disc is useable..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, dig4gold said:

Bottom line will be to see how you do & how it goes out in the field on actual gold finds when you go out tomorrow. I can't wait to hear.

D4G

YES! Try it on a flogged patch and see what it finds that the other detectors cant hear. Fingers and toes crossed....🤞

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Looking at the weather forecast it's looking like it's far too hot to go gold hunting tomorrow, the damn wind from Australia is really cooking us

I'll point my fan North tomorrow, keep our damn Aussie heat away from our Kiwi Cousins for at least a day or two so Simon can get the testing done....its the least I can do 😉 

3 hours ago, Ndplumr said:

Are you taking a shot at the size of Simon's gold?

No I'm not as I know that the gold in NZ is very small, and I knew that Simon can give a very good report on detectors that he has.

Thanks for the video mate, very interesting. I had a little play with my detector over a few tiny nuggies but did not video yet, too hot here. Will go bush on the 19th and see if I can video a bit there if I can find targets that is......

Thanks, good to see some testing of that TID feature.

Do your shotgun pellets on a stick show in the nugget TID range out of curiosity? Also curious how bits of rusty tin/iron show up on that conductivity scale (in nugget range?), all new to me, I don't even have a guess. Seeming like so far nuggets under 1 or 2 grams are generally under like 30 on the TID maybe? Too early to see patterns?

It doesn't look like you ground balanced the detector yet, or are your gravels 50 50? Curious if the ground balance shifts the TID around too, and how much if so, if you get a chance to look at that later. 

1 hour ago, jasong said:

Thanks, good to see some testing of that TID feature.

Do your shotgun pellets on a stick show in the nugget TID range out of curiosity? Also curious how bits of rusty tin/iron show up on that conductivity scale (in nugget range?), all new to me, I don't even have a guess. Seeming like so far nuggets under 1 or 2 grams are generally under like 30 on the TID maybe? Too early to see patterns?

It doesn't look like you ground balanced the detector yet, or are your gravels 50 50? Curious if the ground balance shifts the TID around too, and how much if so, if you get a chance to look at that later. 

Yea, I didn't ground balance, at this stage I was just playing with it learning how to use it, it had no ground response so I just left it.  I've since balanced and it doesn't affect Target ID's.  The ground is so mild there it never makes a difference, VLF's don't even need balanced.  The hot rocks are the only issue. 

I've not tested on iron junk yet, first I have to find some, easier said than done.  There are nails in ground in my yard so I'll mess around there a bit with ID's today, I've decided it's too hot to go anywhere today so I'll marinate in the spa pool a lot to ride it out, I'll skip a couple of days before going anywhere until it cools down, it's a public holiday today and with the heatwave the beaches will be full of people, so I'll wait until they're all back at work.

I'll probably go to the river and do some detecting with it, recovering targets after IDing them and see what they turn out to be.  I also want to see how well it compares to the 5000 on a coin depth using the same coil, as a bit of a depth reference.

I'm not sure about Pellet ID's yet, I'll have to test if they differ much from small gold, I doubt it.

As for those expecting it to excel over the 6000 or 7000 as a gold detector, keep in mind it's price, it excels for its price, it's very good, and from what I've so far not very far behind the 6000 with overall small gold sensitivity and that's just trying one coil on it, albeit a very sensitive coil, but there are smaller coils than 10".  I think it's punching well above its weight.    If all I owned right now was a GPX 5000, I'd be hanging it up and using the Algoforce the most, keeping in mind NZ mostly has small gold so it would give me more finds than the 5000 does.  I don't know yet bigger target depths that is why I want to start checking out some coin depths in the ground and see what happens.

Hopefully it has a bit of depth in normal on 1 gram size bits, if it can hold its own there it may end up a really good patch finder as it's so stupidly light and nice to swing, when I was first assembling it, the weight reminded me of the XP Deus, it's just so light.

1 hour ago, jasong said:

May have missed it in the video but did you try the pin point over a bare piece of ground and see if it gives you a tid number? Just curious

strick

7 minutes ago, strick said:

May have missed it in the video but did you try the pin point over a bare piece of ground and see if it gives you a tid number? Just curious

strick

No TID on the ground when there is no target there. It just goes blank.

This detector looks promising so far as a prospecting unit. The ID is a very intriguing feature. I wonder if an ID scale might have uses later on with proper testing in your Cointopia location. I hope it does!