To All Detector Manufacturers

10 minutes ago, Lead Detector said:

If your ever in a pinch, most hardware stores carry a nylon bolt assortment 

yep I have gone that route before

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Well having been a dealer for 35 years if you gave me your money to order a coil that is advertised as having a coil cover I'd have got you the coil cover. And then I'd have beaten it out of the manufacture on my own, not dump it on you. Or eaten it as I did many times because my customers are my customers, not the manufacturers customers. But if it's advertised on the website as having a cover they would cough it up, I have no doubt of that.

FYI for anyone dealing with Garrett email is not their forte. Call the 800 number and talk to Rusty.

When I was in high school I worked part time in a one man Radio and TV repair shop on the Oregon coast. One day a logger carried a TV in and immediately cursed out the shop owner for faulty work from a previous expensive repair several months earlier. The owner assured him that it would be put right. Then ask him what problems he was experiencing. He stated that it didn’t have any audio.  I remembered that the previous repair was for no picture. The owner asks him to return in an hour and it would be ready to pick up. A couple of new audio amplifier vacuum tubes were replaced to correct the audio problem. And the customer went home with no bill for the audio repair.

I asked the owner why he didn’t charge him for what was clearly unrelated to the previous repair. He stated that in a small community competing with other repair shops when a customer walks out on you, all of his friends walk out with him.

Responsible dealers and manufacturers likewise take care of their customers. 

• Like 7

I've dealt with that sort of thing hundreds of times, if not thousands Chet, we tended to make it clear to them the second repair was nothing to do with the first, even providing evidence where necessary, although it's very likely they didn't believe you anyway, however we told them as a courtesy we would do the repair for them at our cost on some occasions, if it was a minor repair.  If it was severe or something that was clearly their own fault like a physical damage situation it was a different story.  It's a fine line between good customer service and being a push-over and getting taken advantage of and just because someone's got a bad attitude doesn't mean they get better treatment, in fact I tended to go the other way being far more helpful to nicer people.  Being the biggest business of the sort in the city we didn't have to be as concerned as much as being a small business in a small town though, and see your point.

• Like 6

I can testify for a fact the customer is not always right. The secret is to just do what is right by all involved…. and sometimes that means telling a customer they are full of it. It’s a tough needle to thread at times, no doubt about it.

• Like 5

As a business owner and consumer I will say this; never be a push over. You will be be taken advantage of. But sometimes you need to pick your battles. And if I go the extra mile on something small for a customer it will pay dividends through word of mouth. By the same account I will not not business with someone/ company who does not provide good customer service. Not worth it.

• Like 2

Just for clarification, I have not demanded or asked for anything in any form from garrett, and I never plan to. My communication with them was solely to explain why I feel they let me down, so they understand it actually cost me extra money to solve the problem myself, that I paid them to solve in the first place. And if they learn anything from this is up to them. I want nothing in return.  I'm sure they are a good company in many ways. My experience may be unique. 

As far as my nokta experience...well I just think they need more help in the US customer service department.  I started my inquiry the beginning of Dec 2023. I explained my issues best I could through email. One day a new coil showed up in the mail. Nobody had even contacted me. Ok, so I try the new coil...it actually made the problem much worse. And at times would not even detect that the coil was connected.  I emailed again, thanked them for the coil, and told them it did not work. I asked them for a phone number for their US based customer service, so I could possibly figure out what's wrong. I received an email back that said they don't have time for phone calls, and email was my only option. I replied with the most detailed description of the issue as I could. Then I was instructed to send the detector and all parts to them. They stated if I wanted a shipping label to weigh and measure the package and send them the info. I did that the same day. Several days later I inquired if they got the information I sent. They then emailed the label. I shipped it the next day. Its the beginning of January when I shipped it. 3 or 4 weeks go buy silent, then I get a phone call to ask me to describe the issues. I described best I could, and resent my original email with the detailed description.  It's mid Feb now. I  sent an email yesterday stating we started this in the beginning of December, and I hope it can be resolved soon.  I get a short email back today saying it will ship out today or tomorrow.  It just seems to me very unorganized and ...well, not really my best experience.  That experience will keep me from purchasing nokta for now.  I don't have much confidence in what the end results will be either. That's just my gut feeling, and I truly hope I am wrong. I treat my customers with respect, and make it a point to keep them informed.  Unfortunately that seems like a rare thing these days.

Nokta are one of the best there is for customers service,  this was demonstrated the service agent being able to send you a replacement coil without even checking the old one out, especially when we are talking Nokta the company, your gripes seem to be with their service agent and their service does seem to be lacking in your case, maybe they're busy and don't have enough staff trained up, although it all went on at a bad time of year so a week or two there was probably time nothing much could happen.  Probably the biggest problem has been their lack of communication, had they kept you informed during the process I'm sure you'd be far more forgiving for the time it's taking, it could come down to they had a lack of stock and had to wait for a shipment from Nokta, yet you were never told this.

Best thing to do is let @Nokta Detectors know when you're having issues like this, and they can see why and sort it out if it needs sorted out to help future customers.   You could contact them on info@noktadetectors.com  

We had a shocking Nokta dealer in NZ in the earlier Nokta days, they''d not even respond for months when you wanted to buy a detector and sent them an email saying you wanted to buy as that was their only good contact method, I contacted Nokta directly, and they sorted it out quick smart, soon we had a new dealer and a good one.

Either way, yours is on its way back to you, hopefully they've just replaced the detector for you, it's meant to be a good detector.

You've been terribly unlucky, as Garrett are known to be really good too, in fact I've not had bad customer service from any of the detector companies I've had to claim warranty with, they've all been good to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Nokta are one of the best there is for customers service,  this was demonstrated the service agent being able to send you a replacement coil without even checking the old one out, especially when we are talking Nokta the company, your gripes seem to be with their service agent and their service does seem to be lacking in your case, maybe they're busy and don't have enough staff trained up, although it all went on at a bad time of year so a week or two there was probably time nothing much could happen.  Probably the biggest problem has been their lack of communication, had they kept you informed during the process I'm sure you'd be far more forgiving for the time it's taking, it could come down to they had a lack of stock and had to wait for a shipment from Nokta, yet you were never told this.

Best thing to do is let @Nokta Detectors know when you're having issues like this, and they can see why and sort it out if it needs sorted out to help future customers.   You could contact them on info@noktadetectors.com  

We had a shocking Nokta dealer in NZ in the earlier Nokta days, they''d not even respond for months when you wanted to buy a detector and sent them an email saying you wanted to buy as that was their only good contact method, I contacted Nokta directly, and they sorted it out quick smart, soon we had a new dealer and a good one.

Either way, yours is on its way back to you, hopefully they've just replaced the detector for you, it's meant to be a good detector.

You've been terribly unlucky, as Garrett are known to be really good too, in fact I've not had bad customer service from any of the detector companies I've had to claim warranty with, they've all been good to me.

If Lead Detector’s Nokta detector issue is with a Gold Kruzer then it may take a while. If it had been a Legend or Simplex, the problem would have been resolved in days not weeks.

5 minutes ago, phrunt said:

your gripes seem to be with their service agent and their service

Yes, just as my first words in my post stated. I think nokta needs more help in the US service dept. I don't hold nokta responsible for this. But I prefer not to deal with customer service that doesn't have time to learn the issue.  I don't expect everyone will agree with me, and I have no issues with that.