Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

AlgoForce E-1500, Is It A Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Zip-a-dee-a? I Think So.

GC I`ll send my E1500 over coz I think it`s maybe going to put the SDC to bed in your wild ground, send it over when it`s not busy that is..... and like the Axiom with its fixed GB option and other controls it has the 6K beaten in some circumstances and sneaking up on the Z also with a 12 Evo. Mono coils are so much lighter for old codgers, whilst the E1500 is no slouch, just a caution low price may be too good to be maintained once the cost of CP is factored in. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Norvic said:

GC I`ll send my E1500 over coz I think it`s maybe going to put the SDC to bed in your wild ground, send it over when it`s not busy that is..... and like the Axiom with its fixed GB option and other controls it has the 6K beaten in some circumstances and sneaking up on the Z also with a 12 Evo. Mono coils are so much lighter for old codgers, whilst the E1500 is no slouch, just a caution low price may be too good to be maintained once the cost of CP is factored in. 

It might be different in Australian soils as the SDC-2300 could??? be smoother than E-1500, but at what price difference is it worth it?  Our US soils for much of the areas are not as bad.

Your last part of above does worry me.  How long can this go on of the initial price we were informed, before a price increase?  Heck, maybe that's exactly what they are planning on doing?  Get a big wave of momentum and many people chatting about such a great value detector and then 6 months later they add a 25% price increase?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I can see Minelab rolling out a sub $3K model.....before the AlgoForce builds further momentum.

Something in a Manticore style body. A prototype is probably under a dusty sheet somewhere and the propeller heads might have to act. The E1500 has the SDC 2300 in a head lock......and further AlgoForce models might have the higher end Minelab models in their cross hairs.

I also have the latest crystal ball model MK2.........and the tea leaves in the bottom of my cup are very interesting.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

It could easily be AlgoForce who is the next big name.  Just think in Spring 2026 the E-2500 for $2500.  If such happens, if?  It could be a detector with GPX-6000 or GPZ-7000 depth capabilities.  At least we are now being provided an option from a company that was silent a month ago, at least I had never heard of.

I hope they call the next generation E1500 the E1600, that way I can get the detectors for $1,500 & $1,600 ?and still be able to use the interchangeable coils and battery systems. When backpacking in the outback all I would need to do is bring one detector with two pods, then switch out the pod when going for smaller gold and vice-versa for deeper gold detection. This Algoforce has so much potential to expand.  

Currently most top end Pulse Induction detectors such as GPX 6000, GPZ 7000, SDC 2300,  Axiom, Garrett ATX, have no interchangeability with coils or shaft systems., so if Algoforce can bring back the good ole days of SD/GP/GPX interchangeable components, then zippy do da. All the way. ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Norvic said:

I wonder if you're right, that the E1500 is going to punch the SDC2300 in the face, it looks like it from my hot rock and bad ground testing so far, although I've not used an SDC before it's doing better than other detectors I have used, I'm balancing out crazy hot rocks in its ultra fine gold mode.

• Like 1

Algoforce still isn't showing up on the FCC website. Unless it's under some different name?

That makes me wonder though - Minelab's FCC testing and permits generally only pertain to the Bluetooth and/or wifi frequency emissions, and not the metal detector itself. I'm guessing because the bt/wifi stuff is regulated frequency bands while a PI detector operates in unregulated bands?

If that's the case, I'm wondering what exactly Algoforce is waiting on the FCC to test for in the US since it doesn't have Bluetooth included, thus nothing to test for? I must not be seeing the whole picture. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I wonder if you're right, that the E1500 is going to punch the SDC2300 in the face, it looks like it from my hot rock and bad ground testing so far, although I've not used an SDC before it's doing better than other detectors I have used, I'm balancing out crazy hot rocks in its ultra fine gold mode.

JWs got a SDC hasn`t he, give it a go, you`ll probably be pleasantly surprised with its performance (not its ergonomics) and be able to reckon how it performs in comparison with the E1500 on your ground. 

On 2/15/2024 at 1:47 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Now I do like the idea of an SDC-2300 packed inside a Manticore housing and shaft for $1700.

A few years back I spoke with the Australian Minelab CEO at the Codan stand (Avalon air show) He said they were looking into the feasibility of fitting SDC internals into a traditional style detector housing. (I assume the circuit board would be too large and need to be re-made to fit.) That never came to fruition but who knows, maybe the groundwork has been done and they could get it to market before AlgoForce does too much damage. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Norvic said:

GC I`ll send my E1500 over coz

Better, I come over and bring the SDC. Then we discuss this matter over espresso ?

• Like 1