Garrett Storm?

Now I'm curious about New Garrett.....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Now I'm curious about New Garrett.....

I think that was their intent.  Recall the video they made a few months ahead of the AT/Max release?  A guy with the detector climbing over large boulders in a mountainous area....  Of course Garrett isn't the only one who puts out these teaser videos.  Can you say 'Minelab'?

With the success of the Axiom, hopefully Garrett continues by releasing a new IB/VLF model which is high performance (and affordable -- one of Garrett's strong suits).

• Like 4

My guess for the new Garrett, is an SMF detector that will be priced around the same as the 900. The big question though, is will it have some new technology that notably outperforms all the other flagship SMF detectors? My bet on that, would be "no", but I hope I'm wrong. I'm also hoping they keep the landscape screen :).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I think that was their intent.  Recall the video they made a few months ahead of the AT/Max release?  A guy with the detector climbing over large boulders in a mountainous area.... 

I wasn't around then but remember the one with the old ute and couple of guys doing the teaser for the Apex.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Digalicious said:

My guess for the new Garrett, is an SMF detector that will be priced around the same as the 900

If it's priced the same as the 900, then I would expect some advantage over the 900. Garrett tends to be more budget friendly then minelab, so I hope it stays that way.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lead Detector said:

If it's priced the same as the 900, then I would expect some advantage over the 900. Garrett tends to be more budget friendly then minelab, so I hope it stays that way.

I originally thought it would be priced near the Legend, not the 900. I changed my mind though, because with the cost of production in the US, pricing it near the Legend may not provide enough of a profit margin.

• Like 2

The ratio of Performance, Possibilities and Price will be important...,,but the most important thing is that Garret goes ahead ... this shows that he really thinks important about the production of detectors...

• Like 3

My guess is that will similar in performance and price to the 900 maybe a little more pricy but it's main advantage will be durability and Garretts customer support.I also am guessing that the parts on the Apex that are yellow will be blue partly because it looks cool ,i'll be buying one i like supporting great American manufacturing companies 

15 hours ago, The Lama said:

My guess is that will similar in performance and price to the 900 maybe a little more pricy but it's main advantage will be durability and Garretts customer support.I also am guessing that the parts on the Apex that are yellow will be blue partly because it looks cool ,i'll be buying one i like supporting great American manufacturing companies

It will be interesting to see if they stick with the curved shaft. 

Also, are Garrett detectors just assembled in America? Meaning, are most of the actual parts made overseas?