20 minutes ago, phrunt said:

does someone with more modern more expensive detectors need it.

No. I have in the past gone backwards and got old models I owned in the past, and in every instance it was just nostalgia at work. The new ones are better, that's why the old ones go away in the first place. It makes as much sense as trading my current PC for a ten year old one, or going back to an older iPhone model.

11 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No. I have in the past gone backwards and got old models I owned in the past, and in every instance it was just nostalgia at work. The new ones are better, that's why the old ones go away in the first place. It makes as much sense as trading my current PC for a ten year old one, or going back to an older iPhone model.

That's why I hope Jeff won't be disappointed, memories can often be fonder than reality.  It's one great detector though, and to someone starting out at that price it's a steal, but it needs to be that price to sell, as competitors low end machines are now right up there with FT high end machines, something that was predicted a few years ago now.

First Texas have something seriously wrong with the shipping they're using, they're trying peddle their wares internationally with Ebay yet they've not joined the Ebay Global shipping program which would significantly lower their shipping pricing instead doing some wild shipping prices on their stuff.

There is no way in the world they have realistic pricing of what it actually costs them, I had Doc recently send me a package with USPS and it was something like $20 USD to ship it yet to ship a Bounty hunter pinpointer from First Texas they want $230 USD.  Get real First Texas, it's hard to take you seriously when you do stuff like this.  Their shipping price doesn't include any duties or taxes so they can't blame it on that, although they're insignificant for products in this price range.

ftshipping2.thumb.jpg.4c3619e68b0570e6a00c9768635312c4.jpg

Then, if I was to buy a detector off them, lets say I want a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, the detector price is reasonable with currency exchange etc, yet the shipping $500 USD., come on! 

ftshipping.thumb.jpg.da204f7a92d95725ca4e849f340e0363.jpg

It gets worse! 

If I was foolish enough to buy an Impulse AQ off them, 

ImpulseAQshipping.thumb.jpg.ceef9f35fc2d662fed8ea8ac54e56395.jpg

$971 USD to ship it, the price of the detector goes up, amazingly so does the price of the shipping.  Then right under them is Serious Detecting, a dealer I've bought from a few times, same price for the detector, with shipping only $191 USD.  Far more reasonable, still expensive, but USA shipping has to be the most expensive in the world from what I've seen.  Hard to be competitive with other countries exporting goods when shipping prices are through the roof.  

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

That's why I hope Jeff won't be disappointed, memories can often be fonder than reality.  It's one great detector though, and to someone starting out at that price it's a steal, but it needs to be that price to sell, as competitors low end machines are now right up there with FT high end machines, something that was predicted a few years ago now.

Thanks Phrunt. For the price and since I know the F19 platform really well, there won't be any surprises and I won't be disappointed. I am not asking anything of the F19. I just love that platform and have been looking for a new one with the 10x5" coil for a while at a rock bottom price.

Personally, the Legend with its 9.5X5" coil seriously will out perform it head to head using their discrimination/multi tone modes with the Legend on Multi or 20 kHz.

However, switching the F19 to its live threshold based all metal mode is a one of a kind experience. Like Steve said, I can crank it up to 99% sensitivity and it will just effortlessly detect in bad EMI and 19 kHz is just about the perfect transmit frequency for my sketchy ground. It even competes well with the ORX and Deus 2 in Mono set on similar frequencies.  Experiencing that live threshold is an experience I miss and one that people who have only owned the newer selectable single frequency and SMF detectors with hybrid prospecting modes and reference thresholds have no concept of. 

30 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Thanks Phrunt. For the price and since I know the F19 platform really well, there won't be any surprises and I won't be disappointed. I am not asking anything of the F19. I just love that platform and have been looking for a new one with the 10x5" coil for a while at a rock bottom price.

All good, I know I just talk stuff up in my head then when I go out and use it reality sets in 🙂

If I was buying any of the FT machines it would be that F19, I much prefer the 19kHz range over the 13kHz detectors.  As time goes by though I'm getting pretty sick of 9v batteries.

Since we're talking hot deals on the FT eBay page: I was able to get a T2 SE w/stock and 5" coils for $280. All I had to do was watch the listing. After a couple days, FT knocked $200 off the listed price. 

Seems like a great deal for a machine that still holds its own against far more expensive detectors.

Sounding more and more like a fire sale! 

5 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Sounding more and more like a fire sale! 

Whatever it is I for one am happy it’s happening. Being able to buy these brand new detectors with full warranties for less than used prices on EBay USA is astounding. So whatever they are up to, thanks FTP. 

37 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Whatever it is I for one am happy it’s happening. Being able to buy these brand new detectors with full warranties for less than used prices on EBay USA is astounding. So whatever they are up to, thanks FTP. 

The last of their dealers will not be happy about it, probably make a loss if they try compete.   

Good for the customers though, If I was in the USA I'd be tempted to get a few things at bargain basement pricing while they're there.  I'd upgrade my my GBP to an F19 for sure as I have a lot of money invested in coils for it.