Good stuff as usual 350...that buckle is amazing and would have made my day.....whats with the roman soldiers helmet on the dues 2 ? 

strick 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, strick said:

Good stuff as usual 350...that buckle is amazing and would have made my day.....whats with the roman soldiers helmet on the dues 2 ? 

strick 

Thanks strick,

I'll take a buckle like that any day. Really.

The "helmet" is an RCDIGS mount, it fully encloses the remote, and provides for running the waveguide into it. It will not allow the remote to fall off. Very precision made, and not expensive.

https://rcdigs.square.site

The maker of them not only makes them for the original Deus 2 shaft, but also for SteveG's CF shafts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lodge Scent said:

Good day you say F350? Fine day I say. That is a beautiful buckle. I've yet to sniff one out from my colonial sites.

Thanks Lodge,

There's no rush like finding precious metals, especially old ones, but yeah, I'd say that was a unique find as it is whole.

A while back I was able to reunite two broken halves from around 1607, but this whole one is pretty awesome. Found it totally at random in the middle of the field. All that is missing is the iron pin.

• Like 2

Look’s like a fine day afield. Pretty Narcissus. I hate gnats.

• Thanks 1

Your “good” days = superior for most folks.  😊

As I’ve said before, you live in the epicenter of US metal detecting, you use the best equipment on the market and you know what you’re doing!!!  🫡👍🏻

Soldier on…..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

More amazing finds in your books, so when are you going to write a book so you can teach us newbies how to score big like you.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JCR said:

Look’s like a fine day afield. Pretty Narcissus. I hate gnats.

Thanks JCR,

The photographer in me just had to stick the detector in that flower patch. 

It ended up being a better day than expected, we were supposed to go the day before but I had to cancel, and luckily it was a bit cooler. Mid 70s days are pretty common here in March, this El Niño season has been incredible. It started raining the minute we left.

I'm pretty sure what the gnats are is flying ants, they don't bite but simply get all up in my face. It's a yearly swarm that only lasts a few days.

7 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Your “good” days = superior for most folks.  😊

As I’ve said before, you live in the epicenter of US metal detecting, you use the best equipment on the market and you know what you’re doing!!!  🫡👍🏻

Soldier on…..

Thanks Colonel!

Sure was a bit of soldiering, we put in about 6 miles of walking. It's a big place but we got the unusual benefit of being able to park closer to the area.

Sadly the farmers are going to be in a bit of a rush to get the fields planted now, we're looking at a long rainy event late next week. This year has been a banner year for me, so I don't mind.

When I'm near the end of beach season I look forward to relic season, and now I'm looking forward to the beaches. 🤔 I like relic season more because it's quiet and solitary for the most part, but I get tired of stepping on corn and bean stalks, you should see what they do to my shoes, never mind the mud.

I do consider myself fortunate to live where I do, I probably would not have got into this hobby otherwise. 🙂

• Like 2