New Tv Series - America's Backyard Gold With Dave Turin

Hey Dave! Come to Salmon Idaho Ive got 2 claims in Lemhi County within 3 miles of the old mining town of Leesburg....just on the edge of Beartrack mine...you should come check it out...all pick and shovel by hand...NO HEAVY EQUIPMENT whatsoever!

20231030_104511.jpg

• Oh my! 1

Watched episode 2, it was OK, I'll watch # 3. 

I don't watch TV much anymore , but I do remember Dave from back when I did .

It's always good to see anyone do well prospecting.

And on that note,,,Welcome aboard and we're gonna need more pics of that ring kingnothing420 !

On 3/17/2024 at 6:52 PM, GhostMiner said:

I just hope people watching don't quit their jobs and think they can go out and find enough gold to make a good living. Yes, it's possible. But the odds are not in your favor. It's sure a great hobby though. Also, if gold continues to climb in value as I think it will then it will become easier to make a living by prospecting. I once spent a month just panning on an overworked gold bearing creek in northern California. It was tedious and I only got an ounce of fine gold. At the time it was worth about $1100. Now it would be over $2000. Of course everything else is more expensive as well. 

I was going to quit my job tomorrow LOL wait I do not have a Job that I can quit LOL well not really, I still have to take care of my wife which is a full time job LOL

• Like 2

When Dave Turin was down near Valdez he came up to Petersville where I mine to check out some of the claims one of my neighbors has for sale. On the show they did a little prospecting and brought in an excavator to do a sample run. I was curious what they would find. Unfortunately there was some sort of emergency back at their operation near Valdez and they shut down their sampling operation before it really started, so no results. Funniest thing was that the claim owner apparently didn't want them to use the real name of Petersville for the area. So instead they used her last name and called it Stevensville.

4 hours ago, tim907 said:

When Dave Turin was down near Valdez he came up to Petersville where I mine to check out some of the claims one of my neighbors has for sale. On the show they did a little prospecting and brought in an excavator to do a sample run. I was curious what they would find. Unfortunately there was some sort of emergency back at their operation near Valdez and they shut down their sampling operation before it really started, so no results. Funniest thing was that the claim owner apparently didn't want them to use the real name of Petersville for the area. So instead they used her last name and called it Stevensville.

I wouldn't put too much stock in any of these gold TV shows. They are made for entertainment purposes. Just my opinion based on some conversations with their producers. 

• Like 1