Minelab Manticore On Sale

On 4/24/2024 at 12:17 AM, TampaBayBrad said:

I don't understand where you're saying you put the silicone Ray. So you're putting silicone on somewhere AND using the coil cover?

Maybe I wasn't clear.  I put a bead of silicone all around the edges of the coil cover to stop water and things like that from getting trapped between the coil and the cover.  I don't detect in the water but looking at the edges of the coil cover (or skid plate) you will notice that it is possible-at least for some beach hunters in areas where there is mineralized sand-for it to buildup on these skid-plate edges.  Maybe I am overthinking this issue, but I have always felt that it is too much trouble to remove the coil cover in order to wash or clean the coil's bottom.   

By the way, I am not saying that I only silicone the outer edge of the coil cover.  I put a bead of silicone over all the cover's edges, while preventing the silicone to get inside or between the cover and the coil.  It is much easier to just pop the cover off, and then reinstall on the coil, too😀