Manticore M9 9" Coil

I don't have a Manicore but this looks like something I would definitely be interested in if I did have one.  The big complaint everybody always had with Minelab was...lack of accessory coils.  They appear to be addressing that and people are complaining about too many coils 😄 

I put a call into minelab usa and left a message / question about availability of the m9. I'll let y'all know if i get a response. 

The m8 is very deep and separates well. I’m sure that the m9 on the manticore will be the deepest 9” VLF on the planet. I will have one as soon as it’s available. 

12 hours ago, fishersari said:

M6 or M5 😁

18g lighter than M8

If Minelab had released a 5" to 6" sniper style coil then I would have given them a positive response to that size but splitting the difference between the M8 and M11 with the new M9 is about getting current Manticore owners to empty their wallets again to the tune of over $400.

As round as a Minelab coil gets due to the design.

m9.jpg.e576162f026eb7f56c6f67d5b045d642.jpg

I think I'm going to give it a miss as I just don't see a use for it for my needs, unusual I'd not buy a coil just to get the complete set 🙂 I just can't see me using it.  If I was a water hunter I'd like it, meant to be good cutting through water, and the lightest coil for the Manticore.  So glad to see Minelab embracing making more coils for their detectors than the initial offerings.

What's annoying to me is I always prefer a more rounded coil design to elliptical shapes.....if I hadn't bought the M8 coil a few months back then I would have chosen the M9 coil.

I will be really mad at myself if I buy this coil and if I do then I will state the fact right here on this forum so that I can be justifiably flamed considering my previous comments 🙂