New Pulse Induction Detectors From Nokta

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, phrunt said:

separating the Gold and Relic into two detectors seems a bad move to me, unless it was required for some

I'm guessing they will be basically the same detector, but come with different size coils, and programming.  It would be easy enough to just program them for the name they need to slap on the side, and produce coils according to sales. I could be, and probably am wrong, but it's my guess anyways. By selling 2 Detectors, with specific jobs, they will please more hobbyists.  When the more experienced realize either detector will do both jobs with the right coil and settings, it will be a win win.

3 minutes ago, Lead Detector said:

When the more experienced realize either detector will do both jobs with the right coil and settings, it will be a win win.

You're optimistic, I think the settings required to be ideal for gold hunting won't be available on the relic, and vice versa.  Having two separate models helps bring in the bucks but really shouldn't be necessary.  I guess we'll see when they come out, but it doesn't seem in the interest of the customer to me to do it this way.  Both will work for either job, but not be optimal unless buying the right detector is how I think they're going to play it.

A coin/jewelry/relic detector with fixed pulse delay set for larger coin sized targets. It will ignore the really small stuff

A gold prospecting detector with fixed pulse delay set for 0.1 gram nuggets and larger.

Personally I would like both options in one detector. Waterproof would be awesome.

Nokta seems very innovative and puts out good products.  As long as they don't pull "a storm is coming" time frame, they have my interest on this one. I was leaning towards an axiom for my next purchase,  but finances are giving me time to lurke a bit longer. Hope it's a quick release, and someone on this forum can fill us in on their time with the test model! 😁

Even though the 2nd model is supposedly for Relic use, my names avoided the 'Relic' word coz it also represents a derogatory term (a non-useful discarded item) and therefore could be misconstrued negatively. Also, the name 'Storm' is already trademarked by Garrett.