Screen Displays Too Small / Hard To See

I think I could show more interest in any of Garrett detectors but in my opinion they try to put too much info in such a small area. They could take a lesson from White's and let it pop up on the screen on what you detected. This looks like what Minelab is doing the same as White's with a big and better display so all has no trouble to see. I don't see myself buying anything from Garrett until they do. White's has some for the same  reason I wouldn't buy either.

The young will buy the small screen but with a large one the  younger and older will buy. So detector companies you want your sales to go up then come out with a larger display.

Chuck

32 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

I think I could show more interest in any of Garrett detectors but in my opinion they try to put too much info in such a small area. They could take a lesson from White's and let it pop up on the screen on what you detected. This looks like what Minelab is doing the same as White's with a big and better display so all has no trouble to see. I don't see myself buying anything from Garrett until they do. White's has some for the same  reason I wouldn't buy either.

Chuck

I agree Chuck. My vision is not what it used to be. Some of the LCD screens are hard to see even in good daylight. Garrett screens are too small.

Yep....CTX Top line way to small.Find it hard to see what mode your in etc etc

I do like large, bold screen displays and easy to recognize controls. I figure that if somebody who knows how to operate a detector as well as I do has to break out the manual to figure out how to change a setting something is wrong. I like power combined with a simple interface. The Makro Racer 2 has the cleanest display and control interface I have seen.

makro-racer-2-lcd-display-screen-controls.jpg