A Breath Of Fresh Air In This Fan Club

Randy Dee

Glad to see you here Randy, I like the fresh air theme.  I agree on all points.

This site has become my go to for information.

Yes a big thanks to Steve for setting up this awesome forum,  Best I have ever come across.   And for his patience with all of us curious  with the EQ.  And thanks for sharing the info he can on the EQ, and helping us form a solid  view of what this detector can do.  

BIG THUMBS UP STEVE !

Detecting since  1975, starting with the AH  Mini Pro.  ( 2" deep on a dime!)

Welcome to the forum Randy.  Seems like you'll be a good fit.  Lots of us here try to make our posts worthwhile, staying positive, and making a contribution to the hobby.  That's the idea, anyway.

Steve, great shot of Lake Tahoe. That's my idea of paradise!  I just flew over Tahoe about an hour ago on my way to SFO.  Beautiful sunny day, turquoise water, and snow in the mountains.  Shoulda waved out the window to you.  :smile:  How'd she do on the freshwater sand?  

As well as a VLF can do - very tough ground conditions at Tahoe with extreme high magnetite content in many areas. The place really calls for a PI detector but it is also a great place to test VLF detectors in really nasty magnetite. Here is a streak of almost pure magnetite exposed on the surface...

tahoe-magnetite.jpg

Holy smokes, that's some nasty stuff!  You are really putting the Equinox through the ringer then, and if it can handle that stuff about as well as any VLF, then that's good news.  Not expecting miracles, but it's nice to know that at least the Eq doesn't completely choke in that tough sand.  Soon we'll be reading about your first nugget finds, let's hope.  Thanks for the report.