When Will There Be An Overstock Of The 800?

Lighthouse

Thanks everyone for taking the time with your feedback. At the beginning of the hunt for my first detector, I had around $3K set aside for the new venture. Since then, I committed to the 800 for several reasons, including its more reasonable price point. Due to weather conditions in my area, and with my start up plan overall, I really would like to have a unit in my hands by the beginning of April. It seems like for that to happen, I'm just going have to trust someone, and shell out the $900 in a pre-order scenario.

That said, I have 2 more questions for my experienced friends:

What website is the most trusted by users for ALL brands of equipment, reliability of delivery, and has the most available accessories, parts, and machines?

What website has the most reliable reviews of machines of all brands?

3 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

I used a smaller dealer, he didn't get any this go round, I'm 15 or so on his list, it's going to be a long wait.

Yep -- apparently a small dealer isn't ALWAYS the ticket...

Steve

5 minutes ago, steveg said:

Yep -- apparently a small dealer isn't ALWAYS the ticket...

Steve

From what I was told is all the pre-orders worldwide are going to be filled first.  Then I heard that all preorders will be filled by the end of next month. If people keep preordering will there any be on a shelf?  I called KellyCo last week and they told me they were receiving 10 orders a day. If pre-orders are continuing will there be any on the shelves?  I ordered the 800 on Dec 6th. Kellyco has no information, or not releasing information, on them receiving any from Minelab yet.  They said they would text me immediately when they get more information. 

On 12 February 2018 at 12:05 AM, Mtwolf2270 said:

Like everyone else it's hard to say I think even minelab was not ready for the response. The response should tell us what the community of detectorist think. I have been detecting for nearly 15 years I have used Garrets, Whites, tecknetics and minelab both mid range and hi end units. I have found minelab to be what works for me in my soil for the targets I hunt.  I used the explorer se pro for a few years before I went to the ctx I used it since day 1 of it's pre-order. Some clim it was heavy but I didn't feel so.  I am leaving the ctx for the eq800 not because I think it will replace but because my hunting style and targets have changed more to relic hunting then coin shooting so it fits me better. So my advice is take your time learn the nox and enjoy it but give it time before you swap machines. Then find if it works for you watch the trolls and bad advice people you will spot then quickly.

Sorry to disagree about "not even Minelab were ready for the response ." If they make a claim that it is going to obsolete all other VLF machines well I don't think you have to be Einstein to not expect an over whelming response . 

2 hours ago, Judy said:

Sorry to disagree about "not even Minelab were ready for the response ." If they make a claim that it is going to obsolete all other VLF machines well I don't think you have to be Einstein to not expect an over whelming response . 

Well in my 15 years of detecting seen  lots of machines being released and trust others have made claims that large too. Guess what not this kind of response. I have never seen used detector sales button out over an announcement the dealers I know haven't either.  So yes it's possible that the response overwhelmed even minelab.  Look at the at max launch it was a joke delay after delay. All things considered this one as been relatively painless. In fact I got my 800 monday.  The problem with this  launch imo has been people have no patience and want things right now. 

59 minutes ago, Mtwolf2270 said:

Well in my 15 years of detecting seen  lots of machines being released and trust others have made claims that large too. Guess what not this kind of response. I have never seen used detector sales button out over an announcement the dealers I know haven't either.  So yes it's possible that the response overwhelmed even minelab.  Look at the at max launch it was a joke delay after delay. All things considered this one as been relatively painless. In fact I got my 800 monday.  The problem with this  launch imo has been people have no patience and want things right now. 

Oh ok . In Oz we don't seem to see much on other releases so that is interesting . I have been wanting a light machine for 12 mths so I could be president of the impatient club . 

In the UK i am more interested in when we might have a stock of them ! Let alone an overstock .

1 hour ago, Judy said:

Oh ok . In Oz we don't seem to see much on other releases so that is interesting . I have been wanting a light machine for 12 mths so I could be president of the impatient club . 

Clearly your right on everything lol it's called an opinion we have different ones good luck.