Shutting Down In The User Profile Mode

No matter what, under any circumstances, if things are getting weird, a full reset to Factory Presets (FP) is the solution. I have a theory that Equinox is like early PC computers. If you are constantly changing settings and modes, like when engaging in lots of testing, things “clog up”. The solution with an old PC was wipe the drive, reload Windows, and start fresh. It may be that the complexity of the Equinox program (and a program it is) creates conflicts over time with many changes? I have no idea but I do know I feel good doing a full factory reset after I have been messing around a lot. In the normal course of things my settings are really simple. I generally make no more than two or three tweaks to a default Search Profile and am on my way.

I do think a full reset fresh out of the box is a good idea.

D0C0A060-A029-46BA-95B8-0F28B2D38A18.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue and FP doesn‘t cure it.

The Factory Preset does not cure the underlying problem of shutting the Equinox off while in User Profile making a mess of settings. That is a known bug (this thread helped reveal it) that can’t be fixed without an update from a Minelab. Be sure and exit the User Profile before powering off the machine. However, FP will always get you back to where the detector settings were when first taken out of the box.

I overcome it by only resetting the affected profile, so my userprofile and headphone pairing won‘t get lost.