Golden Nuggets Of A Different Kind

GOLD COIN ALERT.
A HAND FULL of $5 US Gold Coins found today. Not only has he been a friend of our family for many years, my dad got him involved into metal detecting 20+ years ago and today was the PAY DAY. 1st his daughter digs a 1905-S $5, but then they dig 8 more. Congratulations to you both.
Gold nuggets come in many ways and they will remember this day forever.
gold-coins-1.jpeg
gold-coins-2.jpeg

DGGoldA3.JPG

Great finds there!

Right place at the right time.  Does the finder of the first coin in a stash get credit for all the others also?

Mitchel

Amazing...were some of them in the same hold or were they scattered over a small area? Also where would the $5 gold coin ID on the e trac? I assume it would be similar to the 3030..

strick 

57 minutes ago, strick said:

Amazing...were some of them in the same hold or were they scattered over a small area? Also where would the $5 gold coin ID on the e trac? I assume it would be similar to the 3030..

strick 

Most $5 US gold coins read 12-30 +/-.  Were found in small area at an old house demolition site.  My guess is the coins were together at one times and got scattered from the tractors.

Beautiful finds. You say they are $5 gold coins. I assume $5 value at the time they were created. 

What do they weigh?  What purity of gold are they?  

Just the other day a lady I work with brought a Krugerand (I think that's how it is spelt) to work. A South African gold coin that weighs exactly an ounce. Beautiful :wub:.  She has 7 of them that her father left her.