First Day Out With 800s

My brother and i have been waiting all winter to find a spot to see what the mighty Nox 800 can do.

I have to set the stage for this site because i have to keep us both happy.  A spot for my brother to detect for coins and relics and a place for me to go after i get bored with coin hunting and can go look for gold. We left it last winter on one of the last days we could get in. Trash pouches full many times over with assortments of relics.  This place produced very little in the way of coins but i think they are there. The F75 (fantastic detector) has been over the whole place and some good finds have been made. But the best was made on the first day with the 800. An 1870 s mint seated liberty half !

Well I know this has been gone over and probably should have been found but the fact is the 800 is the finder. We really did not know how to use this detector. I read up on it and we set to Park 2, auto ground balance, connected the awesome wireless headphones and off we went. Still not sure of Iron Bias or much of anything else. We both agree that this detector has depth. 

I only found an old button and was getting bored like i usually do so off to the gold I went after being inspired by the posts from MR JW . I went looking for little gold with the GPZ.

The silver round piece is off an 1893 police whistle. Many good things to come in the way of silver i think.....

IMG_2072-1.JPG

IMG_2071-2.JPG

IMG_3026.JPG