What Was I Doing Wrong? Or, What Is The Equinox Doing Right?

GKman

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Ground balance and noise cancel are local only i.e. you are only doing them for the Search Profile you are in. All other Search Profiles stay where they were. If you change one Search Profile to ground tracking, you have not changed any other profiles, just the one you are in. It is very important when in bad ground and switching Search Profiles to ground balance etc when you switch Profiles.

Important Tip - Global Vs Local Settings

Steve I understand what you are saying as far as GB not being global.

The question is once you have started for the day and have in fact set the GB individually (local) for several modes are they saved for that session until the machine is turned off?  So when for instance if I have already set GB on P1 and then switched to P2 and set GB for P2, does returning to P1 require me to do another GB or will it not continue with the setting I had just previously entered?

At least with tracking the symbol stays when switching modes that have already been set to tracking.

14 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Local settings are automatically saved in each Search Profile, and do not change unless you change them yourself, or do a reset. The settings are automatically saved whether you power the detector off, or switch to another profile.

Steve thanks for the reply.  That is what I had thought I had observed.  I started a hunt and did a NC and GB for P1, P2 F1 and F2 at the start so I would not forget to later when experimenting with different modes.  Of course repeating GB at times may be prudent if not Tracking.