Very Trashy Park

Norm S

I hunted the worse park I ever hunted for trash today. Honestly I could not lay down my pinpointer because it would beep no matter where I put it. I had so many 13 signals with every sweep it sounded like a phone ringing.  There were bottle caps at least every foot and can slaw everywhere. I did manage to pull $1.65 out in clad. 2 quarters 10 dimes and 15 pennies. I got a didproportante amount of dimes because they were ringing up at 23 and I think other guys passed over them thinking they were pennies. It's a very old park and hunted hard.  

I had a lot of mixed signals that bounced from 35, 31, 29, 23 17 and all over which turned out to be bottle caps after 2 or 3 I quit chasing it. As soon as I hit the horseshoe I knew it was a bottle cap. 

I was using park 2 and it ran fine with no chatter or interferences. 

In one case I thought I had a good 28 signal and after I pinpointed I used my hand held and in a diameter of 6" I had 4 bottle caps and when I pulled them out the 28 signal was gone. I also had a deep 29 signal and pulled out a gold tab at 11"

I will go back and try again but I do know what I am up against. I have a gut feeling there is some deep silver in that park because of how old it is. 

Sounds like our town park. Lots of foil, crown caps and pennies.  I recovered over 500 pennies there last year with my Cibola.  Couldn't wait to try the new Nox 600 there this year. Like you, I believe there is more silver there then the one piece I found there last year.  

Besides being overwhelmed with the amount of foil and unmasked pennies this year.  I am staying positive that there is silver there to be uncovered.

Thanks for the report.  Very similar to my findings...

Norm,

I hate those darn gold tabs! They always ID much higher than a regular tab and sound good as well. I think it's some kind of conspiracy these packaging guys have against us.

I hunt a place like that too. I just disc everything out below 19 and go for it. Good luck!

Dean

I am going to disc out 13 as well and I have 20 on up open.  Yesterday I had a quarter ring up as a nickle and a nickel at 8" ring up as a quarter. 

I am not lying when I say I couldn't put my hand held pinpointer down because it would scream everyplace I laid it so I kept it in my pocket till I had a target to locate. One of the quarters I found had 2 bottle caps with it.  However I still have this gut feeling there is silver in there somewhere.

I went to an old abandoned school one time and dug over 30 cans but come away with $3 in Merc dimes, 7 silver quarters and 2 walking liberty 1/2 dollars so it was worth the can digging. My 1st two targets that day were silver otherwise I may have walked if I started hitting cans