Equinox Hunt

goldrat

Last post  I mentioned I would put up a short report on a few hours with the Equinox . I haven't detected for several months due to my legs starting to break down . It was frustrating having a SDC out of use and now a brand new NOX . The surgeons report was handed down to me and I was about to have a bilateral double hernia operation . Message came through loud and clear that there would be no vigorous activities for 8 to 12 weeks after operation . Bugger I thought with 4 days before hospital , can't do much more harm to body , better give the NOX a swing . I went to an old miners camp (1850's) where I started detecting in the early 80's with a Garrett Deepseeker . Biggest rubbish dump ever for me , but occasionally I would find a coin or relic . Time to try the new kid on the block in standard field 1 . Well I got the shock of my life and my success revolved around a few very slow hours of detecting . Can't wait till I get the green light and can detect daily . In the pics there is a Australian half penny dated 1943 , I found that on the way home at a trotting track / cricket ground which closed 60 years ago . I have a further 8 weeks of rehab before the NOX comes out for round 2  !!!!!!!!! Can't wait . Enjoy the pics .

Cheers

goldrat

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

The Nox did well for a short hunt. Hope you get better faster than they think. But the down time can be used to find new sites on the computer.

Nice trip out with the Nox.  I was down for 6 weeks last summer after surgery for BPH.  About went crazy but well worth it as I can P*ss like a race horse again. LOL

Tom