Hi Folks,

Filmalaska

I just realized I hadn't made an introduction although I've been following the forums daily for a few months. I'm Morgan and I've been in Alaska since 1980. I get a lot of enjoyment out of detecting as well as the advancing technology. A lot of the work I do is in ultrasonics so the concepts of eddy current, frequencies and penetration are very familiar. I've got a few detectors (well, 5) and other equipment. I'm trying to extricate myself from Alaska. The winters are long, cold and dark and make for a very short prospecting season. So, I've got one foot in Arizona and one still in AK. The forum's are a great resource and there's a bunch of great people here. Happy to be a part of the worldwide community. Thanks.

Thanks phrunt ?. I really enjoy the stories of NZ. I spent a few months there fishing and enjoying the Southland experience when I was a young dude. A bit like Alaska minus the dang bears ?

HI Morgan, Grizz12 & myself are going to detect that beach I've been working on and off since last March, if you have time today grab a detector and come join us, I just know it's about ready to give up a ring or 2, the detector god knows I've been clearing enough trash & coins, next object to find in my little mind is a FREAKING RING !!!!! Meeting in Sunrise parking lot around 11am  3/19...

Hey Ken,

I’m at the airport in Anch heading down to Reno for 2 weeks. I’ll give you a jangle when I get back. I’m sure you’re going to get that ring today!

Welcome Morgan. I can’t think of a better place to have been born and raised, but after 55 years in Alaska both it and I changed. Those long dark winters are just not fun and they get a lot less fun after 50. So best wishes on making your own “escape” from somebody who is really happy he did! :smile:

My wife and I moved to Oregon once upon a time. That lasted one winter and we were over it. So back to warm beautiful SoCal and never was so happy to see the congestion lol!

Welcome and hello! ? I’m in SoCal and have recently ventured into AZ a couple times - definitely warmer than Alaska! I rather liked the bits I’ve seen so far - sounds like you’ve got two great backyards to prospect and detect in right now!

-Julie

6 hours ago, jinmon said:

Welcome and hello! ? I’m in SoCal and have recently ventured into AZ a couple times - definitely warmer than Alaska! I rather liked the bits I’ve seen so far - sounds like you’ve got two great backyards to prospect and detect in right now!

-Julie

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the welcome. In Arizona I do miss the coast but that’s the compromise one makes to own a patch of the sun. But it’s worth it and the desert is very alive, at least at night. I love it. And there’s plenty of BLM land to roam around.

best,

Morgan 

Hey Morgan, welcome from Soldotna. I look forward to meeting you and finding good stuff. Dig it and I got together the other day and had a great time. He found his first silver and I found my first .13, the NOX 800 rocks!!