Steve Herschbach

Golden Mask Universal Telescopic Handle

thank you for the review, it convinced me to get one. I agree quality is good and I love how long it is. I gained a couple inches over my stock fox shaft.

20171222_214723.jpg

20180111_202424.jpg

• Like 1

Good job, looks like you crafted a nice setup. I may try and mate the Equinox up to mine next. The reality for me is most of the time stock rods are just fine, but for exploring around it is nice to be able to collapse a detector to fit into a backpack with having to disassemble and reassemble it each time.

yes especially when on a motorcycle. I did convert that xp deus shaft I got from u, but it still stuck out of my pack just enough to catch tree branches and yank me off the bike. plus it didn't like big coils. xp is now the hip stick 

I did not notice that - very slick!

Hi Steve, 

I'm contemplating ordering one of these telescopic shafts for air travel with my Deus. I'm wondering, wwhat's the length of the longest shaft part when totally disassembled? Also, is it possible to mount the control unit to the handle? 

Thanks!

Ryan

The lower rod by itself is 18" but the whole unit collapsed is only 21" so hardly worth the effort to pull it apart. Kind of the whole reason to do this is to get away from having to disassemble the machine.

You could probably get a Deus clip and glue or otherwise attach it to the Golden Mask handle, or just fabricate your own. The following threads may give you some ideas.

My next project will be to convert a Minelab Equinox to this rod.

XP DEUS / Golden Mask Rod Conversion

Minelab Gold Monster / Golden Mask Rod Conversion

I've had a few of these shafts, there pretty good, but watch for the top collar closest to the handle coming loose. It's actually a threaded collar but they couldn't thread the carbon shaft it's on, so they glue them on. The bottom end plastic part that fits to the coil snapped on my last one in the cold weather.

You can buy the carbon rod sections (less the handle) for easy money on alibaba, even cheaper if you do a forum multi buy!

• Like 1

Looks like the latest version is preconfigured to accept an X-Terra pod...

987C89A1-34D7-400D-8847-70492AFF7A14.jpeg