1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

You're kidding, right?  JW I would understand.  You're too young.  Get back to that soldering station!

I haven't had a job in 7 or 8 years now since moving to NZ nor has my wife, self funded retirees.  No doubt JW could be retired but it seems he wants to gather up houses now, collecting them like he collects gold, detectors, coils, books about gold and anything Shania Twain probably, it's a sickness ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

Damn phrunt good on you!  Congrats on getting out of the rat race early!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

I haven't had a job in 7 or 8 years now since moving to NZ nor has my wife, self funded retirees.  No doubt JW could be retired but it seems he wants to gather up houses now, collecting them like he collects gold, detectors, coils, books about gold and anything Shania Twain probably, it's a sickness ?

"Not gonna lie, I hate you just a little bit right now. I'll get over though...sigh" he says as he sits for 12 hours in a dark hospital room guarding an inmate. Gives me lots of forum/youtube time though.

• Oh my! 1

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

retirees

Phrunt...…. refirees not retirees...….retire is what tired people do, refire is what go getters do...….? tis a magic time of life.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Coilpower
      Hi all. I have downloaded a photo resizer app off the internet for android devices. It has the resize options of pixels, cms and inches. Which do I use for this site and details please? I am going to try and get my head around uploading photos to this forum via my tablet or smartphone rather than via computer. TIA and help appreciated. 
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Enjoying everything but one person’s posts rub you the wrong way? Go to your settings in upper right and look for “Ignored Users”.
      Ignoring a user allows you to block some or all of their content from showing. Users are not notified that you are ignoring them.
      Just add the user name you wish to ignore to the list accessed under “Ignored Users”.
      I prefer people not complain about other people on the forum. If you have an issue contact me directly about it or use the ignore function.
    • By schoolofhardNox
      That would be cool. I always wanted to try a D-Tex, Gardiner, Compass, Arado, etc... but was stuck on early Bounty Hunters and Whites. Always wondered if anyone actually used them in the parks around my area in the 70's
    • By Carolina
      I have had mine for a year now and it is the only detector I use now. My only thoughts are the 8x11 coil works great in the water but I wish he would offer a 12" coil for the damp,wet and wash. It also would help shrink those fields while relic hunting.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I was contacted out of the blue recently by Dimitar Gargov, owner and designer for Tarsacci metal detectors. I gave him a call and we were like two kids talking metal detectors! He explained some ideas he has for the future and I decided it was past time to set up a forum for Tarsacci owners to discuss their detectors. The MDT 8000 is a very high performance detector designed first for saltwater use but people are trying it for other purposes to good result. The bottom line is I have always supported competition especially as regards new technology. My main bias is I tend to only feature detectors with U.S. dealers and service. Yup, I am U.S. centric - sue me!  Tarsacci as a home brewed detector obviously meets that criteria. So here we go, a forum for Tarsacci and the MDT 8000 and whatever else Dimitar's brilliant mind brings us eventually.
      Yeah I am buttering him up because I think I have talked him into doing what he never does - appear on a forum to answer questions about his product. Don't expect to get deep proprietary info as it is.... well, it's proprietary! But I hope to see Dimitar here soon. I am sure you will give him all that friendly place to share information we are famous for. Thanks!
      Tarsacci MDT 8000 Data & Specifications

Tarsacci MDT 8000 metal detector at the beach
    • By Ridge Runner
      Hope all made the trip from the old to the new forum. I like when Rob made the change and this looks the same. This is such a great forum and now it's made a big step forward.
      For info on new detectors you will find it here. The main reason nobody is making a push to sell their product ( detector ). So here it's not one sided picture you get..
      I like all the other forums but I find myself spending more time here.
      Thanks Steve for the new look.
      Chuck